1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Tirailleur1, May 22, 2014.

1. nicelynice

nicelynice Distinguished Member

ThirdConcord, you've got some great pieces that fit well, but some of your fits look a bit.. stuffy? Is that a proper descriptor? Like you're trying to emulate runway looks with tucking shirts into jeans, fancy scarves, etc., but I'd like to see everything a bit more loose and casual, especially with the scruffy beard (that I also rock). Like Synth said, a long white t-shirt would make that fit a bit more accessible, and with an awesome jacket like that, you don't really need to add anything more to the fit

edit: And yeah, some denim or pants with a bit more volume would add some nice shape to the bottom of that fit

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015

2. The3rdConch0rd

The3rdConch0rd Senior Member

Yea, white tee + black DR is like page 1, chapter 1 of the heterosexual handbook.

[​IMG]

Boots are different in that fit, but I wanted to try something new with the tucked in shirt. Used these two pics from SLP as inspo: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d4/92/18/d49218a9d01d556f3c600a97f7cc118d.jpg and http://photos.gq.com/image/upload/v...t-laurent-paris-fashion-week-fall-2013-19.jpg

Going to Vegas at the end of the month. Will be trying on lots of black denim to replace these 2yr old Acnes as my go-to pair.

Speaking of Dries, I would love to own something like this one day. http://www.thecorner.com/us/men/jacket_cod41514188fu.html?sts=dreambox80

3. canstyleace

canstyleace Distinguished Member

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015

4. nicelynice

damn

(i hide my collarbone at all costs, crew-necks only - I know my limitations!!!)

5. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

So you will leave it to my discretion?

---

If my torso was better groomed Id show some collar bone. :(

6. nicelynice

lol, found these in my closet, do skull jeans stretch? 5010xx, unworn from 2008 or something
    Crotch, thighs, and butt are tight, but waist and legs are fine

[​IMG]

7. Caveat

Caveat Distinguished Member

@The3rdConch0rd your style is definitely a bit different from the run of the mill SFer and that's not a bad thing. I think you could pull of that look in the first runway pic, but you need to ditch the scarf, add a sleek belt, unbutton the jacket, and get a point collar shirt. The Ervell, or any button down collared shirt isn't going to mesh with that kind of look.

To be honest, I think what is happening here is that you are sort of punching above your weight stylistically. Meaning that you're going for looks that have a really high degree of difficulty. They can be done...but you've got to really get the details right. When you miss, you're going to look like you're trying to dress like a runway model and failing, which is what NN was referring to.

8. Benesyed

Benesyed Distinguished Member

Caveat, you give some solid advice man

9. The3rdConch0rd

I used the scarf, which I felt was light and airy, to sort of tone down the harshness of a black shirt tucked into black denim in an otherwise all black fit.

I fell like loose-and-casual is the basis for like 90% of my fits. I mean, the below fit is pretty typical of me to wear (except when it's warmer I'll wear a drapey white tee or add a jacket over the tee). I'll try to convey that aesthetic in my other fits--thanks!

[​IMG]

10. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Distinguished Member

@shootspeed my personal favourite fits of all SF - dig this almost as much as that old picture of you in cons from way back.

@Benesyed feel like the past few from you have been a big improvement

11. 0JSIMPS0N

0JSIMPS0N Senior Member

Im going to have to defer to some Fuuma wisdom. You look like you got gangbanged by the Mr Porter monthly newsletter.

12. The3rdConch0rd

The more the merrier, I always say.

13. Benesyed

Benesyed Distinguished Member

Lol

14. accordion

accordion Distinguished Member

SF led me to this, excuse the dirty mirror. Knit is JJVE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. avery

avery Senior Member

are the pants just the ervell standard jeans in black? I thought ervell only worked on super lanky guys but they look great here!