• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

0JSIMPS0N

Reaction score

I agree that the Zam outfit is pretty ridiculous looking, and I do think that the content of SZ's community is pretty garbage, but I do find it uncomfortable that the conversation has shifted from making fun of SZ for being too stodgy into making fun of them for being too weird. And when people liked sinnedk — who spends 90% of his time on here discussing brands like CCP and Augusta, yet has a single outfit to show for it all — decide to jump in, I can't help but find it mind-numbing.

And when dudes who spend a huge portion of their leisure time on the internet discussing luxury fashion, and then have the absolute lack of self-awareness to make fun of others for being non-gender-conforming, it's just absolutely stupid.

Finally, this thread isn't the place to be posting other people's outfits and making fun of them. This is for sharing your own outfits and commenting on ones posted by others here voluntarily.

You're projecting insecurities about your own gender ambiguity on us. No one said anything about gender. Men in skirts are look bad because they look bad. Has nothing to do with gender norms or whatever.

Lol, amazing. thanks.

edit: another great one:

Let’s extrapolate on the relation between leather and linen. Are they similiar in aspect of wear gaining essence, that they are induced identity by use and age?

warlocks in skirts think of some crazy ****.

Last edited:

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You're projecting insecurities about your own gender ambiguity on us. No one said anything about gender. Men in skirts are look bad because they look bad. Has nothing to do with gender norms or whatever.

ehh I see Brad's point. We're part of a forum that's largely about playing with and upending conventions of dress, and as you know, a great deal of those conventions descended from ideas of how to express gender, gender roles, etc. Throwing down absolute statements like 'men can't rock a skirt' just stands at odds with that whole spirit to me, not to mention it's no fun at all. I, for one, am totally open to the idea that men can successfully wear a skirt. Anyone who tries to 'restart' that SZ tumblr should focus on the ridiculous self-seriousness, not the fact that they're daring to upset gender convention

Last edited:

Moonchild

Reaction score
Lol, dude. You can't honestly think that? SZ is the biggest label whore forum on the entire internet. It embodies consumerism. Considering its purported ethos, it is the paragon of hypocrisy.

I literally got banned for saying something negative about a pair of CCP shoes. Which is just, well, lol. The forum is comprised of high school kids running amok with their parents AMEX, and mid life crisis IT guys taking turns jerking each other off looking at men wearing dresses with their dicks out and debating origins of CCP fabric codes.,

LMAO ..commentary of the week .
You nailed it!

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
IZ ONLY INTERNET. WHY U HEFF TO BE MEHD. *sniff*

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ehh I see Brad's point. We're part of a forum that's largely about playing with and upending conventions of dress, and as you know, a great deal of those conventions descended from ideas of how to express gender, gender roles, etc. Throwing down absolute statements like 'men can't rock a skirt' just stands at odds with that whole spirit to me, not to mention it's no fun at all. I, for one, am totally open to the idea that men can successfully wear a skirt. Anyone who tries to 'restart' that SZ tumblr should focus on the ridiculous self-seriousness, not the fact that they're daring to upset gender convention

What about the injustice we perpetuate against the qzip?

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
P1000043_zpsrz4xfwtc.jpg

Patrik Ervell
Patrik Ervell
Patrik Ervell
Anonymous Ism
New Balance

Last edited:

Jbravo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Men in Kilt look great. Sean Connery rocks it, Axl Rose looked good too and the guy whose pic was posted earlier - this one:

looks pretty good as well. I would freakin wear a kilt if I could pull it off. But kilts are not skirts.

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Men in Kilt look great. Sean Connery rocks it, Axl Rose looked good too and the guy whose pic was posted earlier - this one: looks pretty good as well. I would freakin wear a kilt if I could pull it off. But kilts are not skirts.
agreed on all points, kilt contest?

Jbravo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kilt contest would be cool actually. Can the winner of the current contest pleeease announce it?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saturday (Sorry no kilt):

Christys cap, Redwing boots rest all EG:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great, MoK.

True story, I think you could look really good in a kilt.

Last edited:

Jbravo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually I never knew what Marc Jacobs looked like. Now I do, thanks to you.

What does Margiela look like?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads