• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it looks great. I do think you could wear one of the buckhorn trousers and derbies or loafers and it would also be an excellent and more schneider look. It would not be the better look by any means, but would look very cool too :)

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did not expect this fit to be so controversial. : )

I dont read SZ so I have no idea what the vibe is there outside of what I read here. I just thought the pieces looked cool/good together so I ran with it. Im pleased with how it came out. Thanks for the compliments, dudes.

I don't either, but I get the idea that you'd need to write a short essay on why you feel it's appropriate to incorporate both of those brands into a single fit taking into consideration the design ethos of each designer and how they complement each other.

I'll be honest, Stitchy, when you first started posting over here I was very concerned that it would just be another place for your CM fits. You have proven me wrong and really striven to put together some excellent SWD fits. My (metaphorical) hat is off to you!

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

I have a realllllllly dirty scar there. Forever haunting my dreams of v necks and scoop necks

Late pass, but I always say rock the scars. On the advice of my hairdresser, I recently switched the side I part my hair on. The upside is that this takes a nasty cowlick out of the equation when I'm trying to get my hair to lie flat; the downside is that I'm no longer covering a bunch of scarring on my forehead and around my eye. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person that's noticed.

DLes that is so damn cool. Sorry, but I am presently over my thumb limit, Ill try and go back later and thumb it. Also, noice beard!

I believe the phrase is "can't rep, must spread".

all mine are either silent or qlo ht (still waiting for jet t's to hit the market though)
thanks for the kind words stitchy!

Hold the phone - are you saying that there are heattech shirts with an open neckline? Or are they just regular strangley crew-necks that you're wearing sized up?

Cacatfish

Reaction score
My only suggestion would be to add a commando sole (or double leather) to those boots. They're a little slick looking for a more chunky outfit.

ghostface

Reaction score
this thread's been on a roll over the past few days.

just checking in with some stellar photo quality and an inspiring location:

schneider alpaca scarf
geller prussian coat
jean shop jeans
helmut snow ice boots

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bet everyone in CM will ignore that Stitchpic if he cross posts and pretend it doesn't exist.

Last edited:

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I bet everyone in CM will ignore that Stitchpic if he cross posts and pretend it doesn't exist.

That's a big negative! I saw it in the NMWA thread and came over here to "thumb" it....like I always do. Put that in your faded denim pipe and smoke it, bud!

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mean WAYWT type threads, not an affiliate thread.

PS Stitchy, we are still waiting for you SW&D kop roundup review post. :satisfied:

Last edited:

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ghostface you've got some amazing coats.

How did that tV-A blazer work out by the way?

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
i regret not buying a devoa coat that was going for relatively cheap on ebay now...

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't either, but I get the idea that you'd need to write a short essay on why you feel it's appropriate to incorporate both of those brands into a single fit taking into consideration the design ethos of each designer and how they complement each other.

It is appropriate because I like it, and really could not be less concerned with the design ethos of the makers. : )

Also, from the interviews I have read with Schneider, and his outlook on dress, I think he would find the whole brand ethos synergy concept to be laughable.

I'll be honest, Stitchy, when you first started posting over here I was very concerned that it would just be another place for your CM fits. You have proven me wrong and really striven to put together some excellent SWD fits. My (metaphorical) hat is off to you!

Thanks, Skipper, I appreciate that. Honestly, I would expected the same when I first started here.

I think what brought me here was a mention in MC of some SWD fit getting a ton of thumbs, or maybe I noticed it in the daily stats, either way, I was curious what it was. So I clicked over and I was like, damn, thats cool. Then I kept reading, and even though I did not understand a lot of stuff, in particular I think there was a @diniro fit with a Budweiser print shirt or something, it was still fascinating.

All the same, I figured I would hang out here because I liked the vibe and the people were cool, and swagbugers and glaciers, and hopefully the peeps would not bleed from the eyes if I posted MC fits. Instead, my MC fits were not only not booed, they were appreciated, which drew me further in to SWD actually, because it just showed a broader appreciation for different style.

Over time, as SWD became more and more intriguing I thought I would give it a go. At first it mostly casualizing MC fits, and that was a mess. Over time I learned a lot more about what makes a proper SWD fit, and I strove to put some together. Some fails others not. Its a ton of fun, I love the items and the look, and I think Im much better off for it. Its added a dimension to the options of what I can wear and enjoy it and its really satisfying and challenging.

My only suggestion would be to add a commando sole (or double leather) to those boots. They're a little slick looking for a more chunky outfit.

I think that stylistically to change the sole of the boot would be a mistake. The sole it has is congruent with the boot itself. On top of that, I dont think anything I am wearing in that fit is chunky at all.

I bet everyone in CM will ignore that Stitch pic if he cross posts and pretend it doesn't exist.
I mean WAYWT type threads, not an affiliate thread.
PS Stitchy, we are still waiting for you SW&D kop roundup review post. :satisfied:

Only way to find out would be to post in WAYWRN, but I think Im going to pass this time around.

Yeah, I need to do that. Maybe Ill make a thread. Thanks for the reminder.

Last edited:

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity Stitch, how has your family reacted to the SWD stuff?

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Really like this use of textures and shades of gray/black. Details?

thanks neb, the pants are a black/brown herringbone wool with a blue windowpane, so its not really all grey/black
btw- everything looks a bit darker irl vs these pics

@canstyleace who makes the cardi and pants?

mmm chunky ribbed shawl collar cardigan
uniqlo heattech turtleneck
beams+ X harris tweed pants
trickers w/danite sole

Hold the phone - are you saying that there are heattech shirts with an open neckline? Or are they just regular strangley crew-necks that you're wearing sized up?

yeah I usually size up

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics