The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Tirailleur1, May 22, 2014.

1. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

I think it looks great. I do think you could wear one of the buckhorn trousers and derbies or loafers and it would also be an excellent and more schneider look. It would not be the better look by any means, but would look very cool too :)

2. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

I don't either, but I get the idea that you'd need to write a short essay on why you feel it's appropriate to incorporate both of those brands into a single fit taking into consideration the design ethos of each designer and how they complement each other.

I'll be honest, Stitchy, when you first started posting over here I was very concerned that it would just be another place for your CM fits. You have proven me wrong and really striven to put together some excellent SWD fits. My (metaphorical) hat is off to you!

3. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Late pass, but I always say rock the scars. On the advice of my hairdresser, I recently switched the side I part my hair on. The upside is that this takes a nasty cowlick out of the equation when I'm trying to get my hair to lie flat; the downside is that I'm no longer covering a bunch of scarring on my forehead and around my eye. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person that's noticed.

I believe the phrase is "can't rep, must spread".

Hold the phone - are you saying that there are heattech shirts with an open neckline? Or are they just regular strangley crew-necks that you're wearing sized up?

4. Cacatfish

Cacatfish Senior member

My only suggestion would be to add a commando sole (or double leather) to those boots. They're a little slick looking for a more chunky outfit.

5. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

Yes. This.

6. ghostface

ghostface Senior member

this thread's been on a roll over the past few days.

just checking in with some stellar photo quality and an inspiring location:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

schneider alpaca scarf
    geller prussian coat
    jean shop jeans
    helmut snow ice boots

7. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

I bet everyone in CM will ignore that Stitchpic if he cross posts and pretend it doesn't exist.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015

8. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

That's a big negative! I saw it in the NMWA thread and came over here to "thumb" it....like I always do. Put that in your faded denim pipe and smoke it, bud!

9. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

I mean WAYWT type threads, not an affiliate thread.

PS Stitchy, we are still waiting for you SW&D kop roundup review post. :satisfied:

10. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

I know, just messing with you.

11. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

@ghostface you've got some amazing coats.

How did that tV-A blazer work out by the way?

12. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

i regret not buying a devoa coat that was going for relatively cheap on ebay now...

13. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

It is appropriate because I like it, and really could not be less concerned with the design ethos of the makers. : )

Also, from the interviews I have read with Schneider, and his outlook on dress, I think he would find the whole brand ethos synergy concept to be laughable.

Thanks, Skipper, I appreciate that. Honestly, I would expected the same when I first started here.

I think what brought me here was a mention in MC of some SWD fit getting a ton of thumbs, or maybe I noticed it in the daily stats, either way, I was curious what it was. So I clicked over and I was like, damn, thats cool. Then I kept reading, and even though I did not understand a lot of stuff, in particular I think there was a @diniro fit with a Budweiser print shirt or something, it was still fascinating.

All the same, I figured I would hang out here because I liked the vibe and the people were cool, and swagbugers and glaciers, and hopefully the peeps would not bleed from the eyes if I posted MC fits. Instead, my MC fits were not only not booed, they were appreciated, which drew me further in to SWD actually, because it just showed a broader appreciation for different style.

Over time, as SWD became more and more intriguing I thought I would give it a go. At first it mostly casualizing MC fits, and that was a mess. Over time I learned a lot more about what makes a proper SWD fit, and I strove to put some together. Some fails others not. Its a ton of fun, I love the items and the look, and I think Im much better off for it. Its added a dimension to the options of what I can wear and enjoy it and its really satisfying and challenging.

I think that stylistically to change the sole of the boot would be a mistake. The sole it has is congruent with the boot itself. On top of that, I dont think anything I am wearing in that fit is chunky at all.

Only way to find out would be to post in WAYWRN, but I think Im going to pass this time around.

Yeah, I need to do that. Maybe Ill make a thread. Thanks for the reminder.

14. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Just out of curiosity Stitch, how has your family reacted to the SWD stuff?

15. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

thanks neb, the pants are a black/brown herringbone wool with a blue windowpane, so its not really all grey/black
    btw- everything looks a bit darker irl vs these pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mmm chunky ribbed shawl collar cardigan
    uniqlo heattech turtleneck
    beams+ X harris tweed pants
    trickers w/danite sole

yeah I usually size up