• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Humor aside, the need for any kind of suiting in my life is decidedly in the past, and I've come to this trusted land for real guidance. That said, I demand some kind of coherence or set of rules, and I legit come away with nothing from this side of the forum. My white crocs and pajama bottomed teenage son has already informed me I've no chance of even affecting the slightest notion of cool, so my goal has been lowered accordingly, yet I still search for inspiration that doesn't look, to me, objectively/overtly bad and nonsensical. I look at younger folks these days and nearly all of them look as though they just raided the reject hamper at Goodwill before rolling around in cigarette ash and Michelob Ultra.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Humor aside, the need for any kind of suiting in my life is decidedly in the past, and I've come to this trusted land for real guidance. That said, I demand some kind of coherence or set of rules, and I legit come away with nothing from this side of the forum. My white crocs and pajama bottomed teenage son has already informed me I've no chance of even affecting the slightest notion of cool, so my goal has been lowered accordingly, yet I still search for inspiration that doesn't look, to me, objectively/overtly bad and nonsensical. I look at younger folks these days and nearly all of them look as though they just raided the reject hamper at Goodwill before rolling around in cigarette ash and Michelob Ultra.

I think you need to aim for CM casual, like the CM casual WAYWT, and not streetwear per se. Easiest thing is just to follow DWW advice and/or copy Steve McQueen's fits.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
IMG_3890.jpeg

IMG_3891.jpeg

Maison Martin Margiela - Blank Label Linen Hawaian Shirt w/Plastic Clip - Painted Denim - Replica Argentina Military Sidezips

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@WBaker is an SF sucesss story, good dude, found his stride, happy for him

By the way are those black boots the Havana 1950’s Replicas? All you need are some Margiela sample camarguaise boots and you got my top 3 haha
My book 'I was clowned into dressing well and so can you' coming to shelves this summer! I definitely had some rocky patches, fun to be in a nice stride

Black boots are replica tuxedo boots from 2017(?). I have them in black and taupe
PXL_20240528_235146525~2.jpg

Last edited:

chrlsful

Reaction score
wish: big squared toe (2x@2?) jodhpur Frey had in ‘raw’ leather decades ago. Seemed the strap went around kinda twice (metal grommets to rear sides of each sides, 6 inches off soul?) Dont like the chelsey w/2 side gore, or shinny jodhpur, any zippers.

But am: scarfs. Since the work-for-others job left w/Great Recession I abandoned the ties. After missing them 1/2 doz yrs I now use 2, or 3 size/form of scarfs. I like adding the additional color options, semi formality back to the wardrobe esp when job required as open shirt was a lill disrespectful in certain places/occasions...

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
My book 'I was clowned into dressing well and so can you' coming to shelves this summer! I definitely had some rocky patches, fun to be in a nice stride

Black boots are replica tuxedo boots from 2017(?). I have them in black and taupe View attachment 2203161

Yep those are the Replica Havanas! Got them
in those two colors and “papaya” which is like a light tan

Black boots are replica tuxedo boots from 2017(?). I have them in black and taupe View attachment 2203161

That’s the 50s Havana Replica! Geeked out on those when they came out cause I’m Cuban…was waiting for dat Replica Guayabera…any day now when Galliano gets the Tabi obsession out of him…any day now..

IMG_3938.jpeg

Anyways yeah got those and the papaya color which is like a light brown. The trio I’m hitting hard these days are these

IMG_3939.jpeg

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the timepiece? Looks nice and fits cohesively with your style.
Thanks! It's a Seiko 5P32-5230 likely from the late 80s. I was mainly on the hunt for the bracelet style and ran into this in deadstock shape at a Chinatown watch dealer Yans. I can't justify the cost of a real gold watch so this is scratching that itch for now.

PXL_20240513_1812501302.jpg

Feels like it was made to pair with my Reynolds
PXL_20240521_221628852~3.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members