• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's snowing here in Ontario already... some colour on an overcast, grey day.
View attachment 1712592
Coat: Conference of Birds
Vest: KRM
Lined flannel shirt: Kaptain Sunshine
Pants: Blue Blue Japan
Boots: Moma
+ knit hat (in hand): 45R
A lot of good pieces here, though I feel the fit of the coat, along with some of the details, gives it a bit of a historical re-enactment vibe. Wish it had some of that Frank Leder big coat energy instead. And throwing some thicker soles onto those Momas (and untucking your pants from them) would help the boots better balance out heavy coats, layers, etc.

MeatFish

Reaction score
Same feelings. I think the mix in formality can work, this is a p classic example of working camo pants into tailoring.
4F12A06B-8EEE-42DA-9160-C092ACBAD218.png
I think the problem is how the formality is bisected at the waist instead of blended in.

Last edited:

RajunCajun

Reaction score
Same feelings. I think the mix in formality can work, this is a p classic example of working camo pants into tailoring.
I think the problem is how the formality is bisected at the waist instead of blended in.
Appreciate the feedback and @mmmargeologist. I think I was more focused on the the pattern/color blending/matching and I didn't think about the stark contrasts in formalities. My eyes were here ? and I only saw pattern/colors.

20211203_122330.jpg

Last edited:

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RajunCajun

Reaction score
Welp, if you do decide you like the fit, consider submitting to the Friday Layering Challenge, which is extended through the weekend. I'm surprised you haven't submitted one to this point, actually.
I'll see bro. It's tough to get "challenge level" layering fits here in SoCal. I envision a fit that includes a nice flowy coat as a top layer will get the most votes. I don't own a coat.

Featured Sponsor

What's Your Favorite Summer Shoe?

• Loafers

• Boat shoes

• Espadrilles

• Sneakers

• Desert Boots

• Sandals

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members