• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe it just looks blue on my computer screen, but it don't look green
No I think it’s a combo of lighting/my shit photo skills. I’ll try to take a pic in natural light with them sometime on a different fit.
the pants look to be like a dark turquoise to me? but leans more blue than green for me too
They look that way to me too on screen. Just not in person. :/

Anyway, here’s an outfit repeat.
84D8AC9C-957A-4C04-BEB5-E5AB030B26A1.jpeg

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We could argue about what's the 'same' color or colour family all day, and we'd never be able to agree 100%. In Japan, for example, the 'go' traffic light and the sky are the same colour (青, 'ao', which is most often translated as 'blue', but it isn't really at all, it's a range of the visible spectrum that includes most of what English speakers define as blue and a lot of what we call green). And funnily enough it is also found in words that mean young or inexperienced (i.e. metaphors which would use 'green' in English).

The boundaries of colours are not just 'natural'. They change with individuals, culture and history - this piece on the ancient Greek conception of colour is one of my favourites: https://aeon.co/essays/can-we-hope-to-understand-how-the-greeks-saw-their-world

Last edited:

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We could argue about what's the 'same' color or colour family all day, and we'd never be able to agree 100%. In Japan, for example, the 'go' traffic light and the sky are the same colour (青, 'ao', which is most often translated as 'blue', but it isn't really at all, it's a range of the visible spectrum that includes most of what English speakers define as blue and a lot of what we call green). And funnily enough it is also found in words that mean young or inexperienced (i.e. metaphors which would use 'green' in English).

The boundaries of colours are not just 'natural'. They change with individuals, culture and history - this piece on the ancient Greek conception of colour is one of my favourites: https://aeon.co/essays/can-we-hope-to-understand-how-the-greeks-saw-their-world
Point well taken.

Side note: this is also one of my favorite pieces. Cheers

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Reaction score
No I think it’s a combo of lighting/my shit photo skills. I’ll try to take a pic in natural light with them sometime on a different fit.

They look that way to me too on screen. Just not in person. :/

Anyway, here’s an outfit repeat. View attachment 1708845
M’howdy.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.