• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Racing Green

Reaction score
7DB562D6-0FE7-42A6-ABDF-C32DBA3C7020.jpeg

Epaulet
Epaulet
Orslow
Asics

Racing Green

Reaction score
1585241813624.png

Senio
Orslow
Adidas

jiredell

Reaction score
I’ve never posted here, though I sometimes check out yalls outfits. I figure it’s worth it to up my casual game, so criticism welcomed (oh, and sorry, other than my wife taking photos, this about as good as it gets, for now):
D38C7A95-CD4E-4E7D-84A6-69FE068E85A0.jpeg

troika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve never posted here, though I sometimes check out yalls outfits. I figure it’s worth it to up my casual game, so criticism welcomed (oh, and sorry, other than my wife taking photos, this about as good as it gets, for now):
View attachment 1361679
Hey there, welcome. Wanna start by telling us the look you were going for? What's the vibe you want? What's the story you're trying to tell?

jiredell

Reaction score
Hey there, welcome. Wanna start by telling us the look you were going for? What's the vibe you want? What's the story you're trying to tell?
Thanks for the warm welcome. I’ve mostly only ever posted on the classic menswear thread, cuz work. But, when casual, I’m from Northern California (although I live in Atlanta now, and have for closing in on 20 years), and that kinda old school Nor-Cal/skater kinda look has always been my thing, hence the simple black T, jeans, and Converse. I’m open to any tips. As you can see, I’m a pretty big guy, so fit means a lot, trying to proportion things out so that they don’t make me look bigger, etc. more often than not, for the last 10 years or so, my casual wear has really consisted of workout clothes, as that’s primarily what I’m doing when not wearing a suit/sport coat/tie ensemble. I’m a writer and a college professor, which is apropos of nothing, but lately I’ve been thinking that I ought to be putting the same kind of thoughtfulness to my casual wear as I do to my business wear.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.