• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^i don't know where to begin

Some of the shots I took in Havana:

Local hat / Marcus / dbf / cp (not the best shot, my girlfriend took it without me knowing)
View attachment 1144954 uniqlo / eg / cp
View attachment 1144944

beautiful pics man

The weird fit was intentional but evidently was not as successful as I had hoped. I was hoping the colors could carry the disjunctive elements - but learning experiences are always important.

This jacket may be more of a challenge for me because I really do not wear or own much in the way of technical gear. I’m hoping I am not trying to fit a round peg in a square hole. Perhaps I just need to meet the jacket halfway - instead of trying to put together very different pieces like I did in this fit. If you removed the jacket from this fit, it would be fine.

Ultimately, this jacket replaces an old green north face that I wear from spring to early fall. Just about the perfect summer drizzle jacket - which is real in the south.

Also, I appreciate the honest feedback - I am still very much a neophyte.

the super weird fit was for toasty bro

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i knew that :embar:; it was a poor attempt at mixing CM casual with SW&D. i like all the pieces individually but together bit of a mix pot and much refinement needed.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
i knew that :embar:; it was a poor attempt at mixing CM casual with SW&D. i like all the pieces individually but together bit of a mix pot and much refinement needed.

In such an instance, it is important to relieve oneself of predetermined genres. and to create one's own. with a fresh minded look at your options. and go with what your inner self recommends.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KISS: Keeping It Simple Saturday:

View attachment 1144987

Help us, help you. What kind of look were you going for?

This is probably a step up from your other fits, but overall this isn't good for a number of reasons (at least the boot cuts are gone!). Maybe OK for a CM person giving it a go. Specifically, I think folks here are reacting to an incongruent combination with some suspect individual pieces. If you want more concrete feedback or recommendations, just tell us know.

You're in the Bay Area iirc, there are about a million places to get inspiration and clothing that would fit you well at any budget.

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Casualish wedding yesterday:

IMG_4127.jpg

UU seersucker suit / camoshita / meermin

bullrams

Reaction score
Any Sneakers will do. in shades from white to black.

Air max 95? 90?
Jordan?
Superstar?
New Balance?

Get what fits your feet. and looks decent.

Thanks. Not much into these sneaker kinds; not my style at all.

Stan Smiths are good 'goes with anything' sneakers, or SL/01's if you want to spend more.

Yes! This is what I was looking for - thank you, will get these!

Help us, help you. What kind of look were you going for?

This is probably a step up from your other fits, but overall this isn't good for a number of reasons (at least the boot cuts are gone!). Maybe OK for a CM person giving it a go. Specifically, I think folks here are reacting to an incongruent combination with some suspect individual pieces. If you want more concrete feedback or recommendations, just tell us know.

You're in the Bay Area iirc, there are about a million places to get inspiration and clothing that would fit you well at any budget.

haha! You remember!

You're right, this was a CM person giving it a go - conservative, age-appropriate. Didn't want to come across as trying too hard.

Even the older jeans have gone because I lost weight and could fit into these slim-fits.

I got the sneaker rec above - so that's fine, the jeans I believe is fine too (at least the boot cuts are gone!), I believe the V is not going with this? Will this look be fine if only the shoes are replaced with white sneakers (Stan Smiths / SL/01)?

What are the recommendations for a 46-year old in the Bay Area to come across as someone who has it together?

Thank you for chiming in!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads