• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

#dadcore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jacket: Yes/No/Doesn’t matter whole fit is lame

38D383E5-EB9E-4F69-A5FD-F59C8EFF964F.jpeg

A09D2A31-7FC6-4BCB-A945-E88FFA10E3D3.jpeg

4E919002-28B1-4423-9A54-F25EE8F12C2B.jpeg

F78E1D9B-D099-4FB5-BDD2-D8CB9078F2A8.jpeg

Jacket- Eidos
Shirt- Saturdays NYC
Pants- Camoshita
Shoes- Margiela

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like the general idea, but to me the fall colors and the houndstooth fabric (too businessy) on the jacket don't really gel. Maybe a white jacket and a more tropical (summery) motif shirt. But I commend you for going in this direction. I always play it safe with a solid shirt when I wear a blazer.

#dadcore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the general idea, but to me the fall colors and the houndstooth fabric (too businessy) on the jacket don't really gel. Maybe a white jacket and a more tropical (summery) motif shirt. But I commend you for going in this direction. I always play it safe with a solid shirt when I wear a blazer.

I get what you are saying about the jacket, and it wasn’t as satisfying as I hoped. I think something like this would work better...
410F24CA-6B78-417B-94A8-F9D69634759F.jpeg

...but then the peak lapels and brown and patterned shirt starts to veer a little into 70s cosplay. I am trying to play more with patterns and color and it’s a bit out of my comfort zone, so it’s a iterative process.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
say yes to 18 inch trouser rises

View attachment 1000548

Nice outfit but your shirt collar is trying to run away from your neck, sorta weird.

View attachment 1000587 View attachment 1000588

Jacket and Shirt- Eidos
Jeans- John Elliott
Boots- Lucchese

Beige jacket with darker stuff is too dadcore, looks like an orphan jacket from a summer suit. Try being slightly less dadcore by wearing it with lighter colours.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Our-legacy-funnel-jacket-Midnight-Shimmer-mac-coat-sweater-APC-New-standard-jeans-Visvim-Wolfe-check-shoes-5-blog-mode-homme-streetwear--1440x960.jpg

ol x 2 / apc / visvim -- (close-up)

9azhu0.jpg

sugarcane / diesel / visvim

11b5es4.jpg

gap / bdp / conversexcarhartt / cat

"Topknot or rolled jeans: pick one! With the visvim it becomes culural cliche of the worst kind"

hey @Fuuma nice to read you :) first of all sorry, you know my english level ^^ your feedback is just another point of view, especially in the internet / Social network game. here in France, the "average" one, the only guys see with this knotthing wear slim track pants, soccer jersey and adidas nmd / am97 / current hype kicks so being a cliche in visvim with rolled up denim, I can't stand to be honnest ^^ ... I see cliche each time I go through fashion forum / instagram

is it a bad thing ? if you like what you wear ...

En fait les topknots je peux pas mais disons qu'en mode footeux c moins grave que dans des ref de type vénération du designer à la con de Visvim, c tellement artificiel.

The top look is like very well executed normcore, I approve.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
When the wind can’t decide whether or not to pop tha colla. Shoutout to @KamoteJoe for the EG flower flannel.
View attachment 1004662
EG x 2
COF Studio
Nonnative

Hum I know it is a flannel but that light patterned flower thing doesn't work very well with greyish winterish clothing. The only instance such a style seems to work is either going all the way (i.e. the jacket itself is some weird CdG patterned abomination) or in a classic slim rock dude with a weird shirt/thrifted shirt like a bowling shirt or Hawaiian or whatever.

Jacket: Yes/No/Doesn’t matter whole fit is lame

View attachment 1004753
View attachment 1004754
View attachment 1004752
View attachment 1004751
Jacket- Eidos
Shirt- Saturdays NYC
Pants- Camoshita
Shoes- Margiela

Same comment as our other contributors. Why are you pairing this stuff?

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hum I know it is a flannel but that light patterned flower thing doesn't work very well with greyish winterish clothing. The only instance such a style seems to work is either going all the way (i.e. the jacket itself is some weird CdG patterned abomination) or in a classic slim rock dude with a weird shirt/thrifted shirt like a bowling shirt or Hawaiian or whatever.
Not grey. Black. :confused2:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richard Cohen