• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
44694CA3-80B9-4D45-973D-1BECB8A63EA4.jpeg

2E306710-CBA1-48BF-B0FE-4D0B44DB2372.jpeg

Tried to capture the jazzy pattern on the trousers but hard in articifical light.

Remi Relief
Sunspel
Blue Blue Japan
Paul Smith ( :eek: )

emptym

Reaction score
Jumping on the aloha shirt bandwagon.
IMG_2783.jpg

Actually, I've had this since I thrifted it 21 yrs ago. I usually wear a sport coat and tie to work, but on hot days I sometimes wear a ss barong, guayabera, or Hawaiian/aloha shirt (all of which are the equivalent of a sport coat and tie), usually w/ fresco or linen pants. But this was just for fun.
IMG_2918.jpg

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@emptym I'm a fan of those simple one and two color aloha shirts.

I just browsed thru the Pitti photos in the CM thread and noticed a lot of hawaiian shirt + italian suit + belgian loafers looks. is that the summer 2018 #menswear thing?

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
CE956CAB-F4FF-4140-893D-0EF6CE5EB7B9.jpeg

7EB340F6-91E9-48EF-AD32-2CCBF9A22CEE.jpeg
F6290CC5-01EB-4647-9705-2EA8552891C7.jpeg

Maison Martin Margiela - SS12 Mechanics Shirt - SS12 Wrong Size Lens in Tortoise - FW02 Artisanal Trouser Waist Reworked Levi’s - Replica 70’s Argentina Sidezips - Cartier - Love Cuff

emptym

Reaction score
Thanks guys. K, yep, that did seem to be a common theme at Pitti this year, at least from SMF's pics. Personally I couldn't wear one under a jacket, or tucked. PR, definitely felt like I was channeling Regis a bit. Would probably wear sandals more often than loafers w/ this.

^Edit, speak of the (handsome) devil.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Thanks guys. K, yep, that did seem to be a common theme at Pitti this year, at least from SMF's pics. PR, definitely felt like I was channeling Regis a bit.

^Edit, speak of the (handsome) devil.

You have to channel your inner Switek/Zito and undo a couple buttons man

emptym

Reaction score
^I sometimes unbutton one more. But that'd be as far as I'd go w/ that shirt. It has very few buttons, just five counting the very top.

Btw, this was possibly my favorite fit of yours, GN. Love everything about the last pic. You always post great stuff imo, but occasionally I find there's too much matching, like socks to shirt/sweater.
This might be too boring for this thread but here goes anyway:

tumblr_pae8m6En0i1s5fve2o1_500.jpg
tumblr_pae8m6En0i1s5fve2o2_500.jpg

tumblr_pae8m6En0i1s5fve2o3_r1_500.jpg

Kapital/Kapital/Kapital/Kapital/Visvim

The cool thing about this hoodie is that you can share it with a friend at the same time ...

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jumping on the printed shirt bandwagon.
View attachment 992352
Actually, I've had this since I thrifted it 21 yrs ago. I usually wear a sport coat and tie to work, but on hot days I sometimes wear a barong, guayabera, or Hawaiian/aloha shirt (all of which are the equivalent of a sport coat and tie), usually w/ fresco or linen pants. But this was just for fun.

Nice shirt! Fit might look better with the sleeves rolled up a bit.

Tabooku

Reaction score
^ Is that a troll fit? U have to do better dude. That’s a pretty formal top half.. it really doesn’t work with the trousers and dirty sneakers.
fair enough i get where you're coming from. for some reason i acc quite like it. I've had this jacket for ages and never wore it, finally found a use when it was too hot for a chore coat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads