• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
I think so. There have been one-off attempts too. Rais and I had a go about a year back. It's fun but challenging.

It's always fun. but no need to spend a bunch of money just for a fun fit. dare you to walk into a thrift shop and dress like another member for $30?
-Pick a member's fit from the last week, emulate their style,with what is available?

:stirpot:

Last edited:

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Has there ever been a dress like another SF user challenge

I did a WBaker-esque thing here I think

EUOvzF6.jpg

Margaret Howell
Our Legacy
Margiela

https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...-14-homage-or-the-talented-mr-jawnzly.382936/

baltimoron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@baltimoron I also love that badass shearling but it kinda swallows up the rest of your fit. In theory the colors work together but maybe the rest of it is too “safe” for that jacket. Esp would like chunkier footwear.. and maybe not a t shirt.

That's a fair assessment. I've got something in mind to balance out top and bottom for next time. t-shirt I mostly agree, but @Synthese wasn't kidding when he talked about how warm shearling is. I was walking around Boston when it was 30 degrees outside without much of a problem.

revgreen

Reaction score
Today -
kPyMzjG.jpg

Schott / Nordstrom (unknown brand) / Levi's / Rail

I opted for a Schott 618. It's awfully short and I'm still not sure if I'll keep it or re sell and size up. I've been riding in it a few times and it works great for that (even more so when it break in I imagine), which is what I was most worried about as 10 months out of the year it's solely a riding jacket in a HOT country and won't get any casual wear.

@Citaro great fit dude

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
:lol:

decent fit mcnar, you need boots other than the timberland colored jodhpurs

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads