• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
lol at y'alls beaches that have people on them

yfjBXOL.jpg

Ok, that's very nice and all, but to be fair, you posted a photo of a beach with two people on it. Have you tried going to a beach with truly no people on it? It's not as easy as you might think.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer my beaches with the sounds of laughter. My profession is silence enough.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Ok, that's very nice and all, but to be fair, you posted a photo of a beach with two people on it. Have you tried going to a beach with truly no people on it? It's not as easy as you might think.

I think me and you could show this rookie nicely a thing or two about beaches....we need a beach off

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
lol at y'alls beaches that have people on them

yfjBXOL.jpg

Thank you for reminding me of this vacation. I need another trip where I don't encounter a single person except at meals. any recommendations?

I mentioned I wasn't supposed to be in Madrid stuck in the airport...

I was supposed to be here! Eating shake shack at JFK at 8am and doing my best impression of a vacationer.

and on my way to:

Cat Island, Bahamas (very different airport than JFK lol)

View from our bungalow

While that beach was nice, there was a nice little hike past a bunch of these critters:

Our companion Tia helped

and after a bit you surface here:

But you can duck back into the woods and carry on:

A clearing gives some hope

"Man o War"

Borrowed a car one day to see a bit more of the island (all 48 miles of it lol)

The Hermitage, highest point in the Bahamas

Had to get some fresh conch salad

more flora and fauna

There is a marina at the southern edge where lots of deep sea fishing charters bring in their catch, so all of the waste that gets dumped in the water means you can see lots of sharks and rays cruising around:

Had to get some jerk chicken and ribs

Catching a ride to another restaurant some other night

Goodbye Cat Island!

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think me and you could show this rookie nicely a thing or two about beaches....we need a beach off
Here
6e24ca94e1fd8af976b7521260ad5c7d.jpg

or here either are 10 mins away
og-2013-boardwalk-di2.jpg

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for reminding me of this vacation. I need another trip where I don't encounter a single person except at meals. any recommendations?
The Pacific Coast from SF to Alaska is about as lonely as it gets . Dress warm

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
No doubt bro, I still remember that Jil? or was it Raf? rose shirt fit you put up a looong time ago. That Jil/Raf shirt started my interest in floral shirts

Jil, I don't remember where that thing is but I'm probably too swole for it now. Love that ****, still pissed I couldn't find the other other one with two flowers. That bold pastel collection was fire man.

Need to cut mang.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

You could try St. Vincent & the Grenadines...a lot of islands to choose from like Petit St. Vincent. You dont even have to meet anyone to get food. They have a flag system....you put up your yellow flag to order drinks/food and your red flag to be left alone. Also the phone is one way so no one can call you. All you have to do is put on some Bunny Wailer and thats all...you are in heaven haha

I'm pretty sure Anthony Bourdain did an episode that shows what I am talking about

Jil, I don't remember where that thing is but I'm probably too swole for it now. Love that ****, still pissed I couldn't find the other other one with two flowers. That bold pastel collection was fire man.

Need to cut mang.

Yeah bro, I wonder how hard it would be to your hands on this piece again

IMG_8854.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I originally wanted that one first even though I was gonna cop both, but was able to get the other and missed this one. I'm sure it'll pop up somewhere at some point. I was coppin so much **** at the time that I waited too long on that. I got some dope beige pants cut really nice and crisp and ended up passing on these green trousers because they didn't sit as nice. Man I was talking to my man Jef at the jil store in chicago every other day and he was constantly sending me pics to my work address lmao. I also knew the manager at the soho store when that opened and I was able to get the baller mint colored hand knit sweater that every new yorker wanted when it hit sale. She told me so many nyc'ers got mad as **** when they found out it went to some du in Los Angeles :lol:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I originally wanted that one first even though I was gonna cop both, but was able to get the other and missed this one. I'm sure it'll pop up somewhere at some point. I was coppin so much **** at the time that I waited too long on that. I got some dope beige pants cut really nice and crisp and ended up passing on these green trousers because they didn't sit as nice. Man I was talking to my man Jef at the jil store in chicago every other day and he was constantly sending me pics to my work address lmao. I also knew the manager at the soho store when that opened and I was able to get the baller mint colored hand knit sweater that every new yorker wanted when it hit sale. She told me so many nyc'ers got mad as **** when they found out it went to some du in Los Angeles :lol:

I remember when you were dropping some items from your collection. It was all fire. Back in them days you were trying to set me straight and I was being a little **** :laugh:

Reactions: jet

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads