The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Tirailleur1, May 22, 2014.

1. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

Dude at 1:00 looks great

2. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

I actually find that my fellow SWD gents really like their layers and while it looks great, it is just not my preference

I never have more than three items of clothing on since comfort is my main concern. The trick has been finding come cool pieces that stand out on their own with nice details etc.

3. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

TIL Regis rolls out commando style daily.

4. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

Chop off that rat tail buddy. It's not doing you any favors nor is it fashionable.

5. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

Man, I knew you were going to nitpick like this - I mean run circles around me showing me my big time logical fallacies. There was no argument (discussion) going on at that point - I was calling you out for a dumb ass comment with a balanced level of negativity to reflect your comment - I think that's glaringly obvious. Case closed? Hahaha that's so weak and pathetically condescending. You maintained your stance as calling this random person as ugly as fuck (and then couched it with "in my opinion" as if "I'm just being honest" mitigates let alone negates the doucheyness of the sentiment, or the person uttering it) - which, as you pointed out above - was not the point of the picture posted. It wasn't to elicit your judgment on her relative attractiveness (to you nor anyone), rather, it was to show the angle yada yada - as you just pointed out... yet you seemed compelled to volunteer your evaluation of this random person's looks and my comment merely pointed out how dumb yours was. Want to point out my ad hominem logical fallacy with that one, now? Dang, I'm such a hypocrite - fucking classic type responses from people who think they are way smarter than they actually are.

Dude, I don't even really care what you personally think, but I do care what people in general do think and do in/about how they treat and judge others - this is a community, and I think it's a good thing if traits like compassion and respect (what you seem to conflate to be as "overly sensitive") are cultivated rather than bro-ish sentiments of calling people ugly as fuck for no good reason other than to posture about your high standards of the human form.

This seems to be a thing that's happened a few times - I respond to a seemingly innocuous, yet stupid, comment and a nice argument ensues. The point is that the use of harsh language criticizing others, especially for no good reason, only adds to the already huge amount of baggage already piled up against notions of objectification - especially objectification of women (let's not even get into oppression). Obviously this is getting way off topic, and I'm not going to bother past this, because I don't want rings to be run around me - but the actual words one chooses to use in every day idiom actually do have power on their own, and when they continue to be used so lightly, it only propagates the ignorance of the speaker and contributes to that of the interlocutor(s) and may even influence their thinking into thinking it's cool to reduce a person to a value judgment of something superficial.

But whatever, I'll get off my moral high-horse

Last edited: May 27, 2014

6. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

I'm out there Moo, and Im loving every minute of it

[​IMG]

7. ShoutOutsFoMyBo

ShoutOutsFoMyBo Senior member

when i feel good about my choices in life so far i go commando. i have a pair of pants which fit weird in the seat because my ass is so fucking big, so i cut out the back pocket liners. then i went commando one day with these pants on and realized later at home that every time i stooped down to pick something up i was exposing myself

Last edited: May 27, 2014

8. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

yes, yes we can.

i say the following as stitch, not as any kind of forum authority, calling random people ugly as fuck is mean, are we done with this business yet or not?

9. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

10. Auximenes

Auximenes Senior member

11. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

thanks, aux.

i am supremely happy with them. most importantly, they are stupid comfortable. and also most importantly, they are proving to be as versatile as i had hoped. i think they will work well with a lot of my old stuff, as well as some of the new stuff i am working on.

12. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Needed a sunnier day :(

[​IMG]

Christys
    Nigel Cabourn
    Uniqlo
    Mauro Grifoni
    Loake

13. Donut

Donut Senior member

[​IMG]
    Geller/Pendleton/Gap/Visvim

[​IMG]
    Peir Wu/Zara/+J/<3Cons

I think I'd like the second fit better with stans. I should find a better place to take pictures too....

14. R300

R300 Senior member

What he said^.

Liking the top fit Donut!!

15. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

Depending on how many posts per page, we went 15 pages without a beef

Nice boots stitchy, talked to a guy that works for PnP yesterday and he had some really cool ma+ boots too. The fold over model (one piece)

Last edited: May 28, 2014