• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to unclose your closure, but I think the Margiela suits are great on you. And they really have a different look altogether from the other brands mentioned. Margiela has a specific cut and look that you would lose if you went with Kiton or whatever/etc.

I find Margiela louche but not excessively so in a distinctive and familiar way that I like for myself as well.

So keep doing what you are doing--which is what you were going to do anyway regardless of my post--but consider this an unqualified thumbs up on that decision.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
excellent reply, regis. keep on being you. note, i only say that because you dont dress like crap. people who dress like crap should not be told that. they need to be someone else, or a better version of themselves.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is if you're an actual cool dude like Regis, the rest of us nerds just look like we're playing Miami Vice dress up in that

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks good on lots of people.

The soft tailoring police have gone way too far with peoples sensibilities. Yes, some unstructured jackets look good if it fits the styling. But low buttoning points and slightly extended shoulders looks freaking awesome when it's done well.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just kidding (for the most part), but the structured look works better with someone like Regis' physique than random skinny internet teenager #14

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Hi there, I'm taller on the internet

I'm thinking that buttoning this blazer or wearing it with a tie maybe just over-exaggerates its shortness and I should stick to just wearing it casually, and open.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tbh there are very few posters on here whos style i like and would also want to dress as, and of those even fewer that id actually be able to wear in a way thats congruent with my setting but still fun for me. Of those is regis and his use of MMM :slayer:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SVB, with the button stance and quarters of that SC, id wear it open for a more breezy vibe.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

First in a long time. Kapital kogin outlaw cap and Garbstore and Indigo Farms Judo jacket. Double overpainted.

Last edited:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good - nice job on the painting. The jacket's a nice piece unpainted, but that does add something.

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly I think that trying to give Regis advice on how he should dress feels like trying to teach Mark Knopfler to play the guitar.

He's one of the best dressed here by far. Not to mention that he'd probably be the best dressed to 99% of people outside SF, in the 'real world' where 95% of people don't care about clothes. The goth-ninja-hobo-from-the-future look will only be appreciated in a few places like SF/SZ.

Spacepope's outfits, to name someone who masters that kind of look, are not going to impress most people who are not into clothes. And don't even mention how much one of his fits cost, they would have a hard time trying to believe it.

Not saying that anyone should care about what others think about the way they dress, but I'd say people appreciating it is a plus.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics