• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jabonator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been 150 years since the birth of Jean Sibelius, Finland's national composer. To honour this, I decided to re-harmonize and record a version of his patriotic masterpiece Finlandia.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Dirty Denim

Reaction score
EIther way its a cool jacket. I am sure its common to call it Sashiko fabric since its imitating how a repair would be applied but in a cleaner non "wabi Sabi" manner.

I didn't mean to take a shot at it but only wanted to imagine what it was made out of. So don't mind my need to create a picture in my head.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

EIther way its a cool jacket.  I am sure its common to call it Sashiko fabric since its imitating how a repair would be applied but in a cleaner non "wabi Sabi" manner.  

I didn't mean to take a shot at it but only wanted to imagine what it was made out of.    So don't mind my need to create a picture in my head.  

I was tracking you, no worries. Thanks for making your point.

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel very strangely about that fit, i can't explain it. I think i like it though

round

Reaction score
@round looks good, liking the silhouette. How'd you size the Poeme shirt?

@flowcharts Incorrectly, forgot that poeme usually runs a size large, so I got the usual and now Its kinda big for me, not terribly large though, Ill probably continue to wear it, or pass it on to someone

rms340

Reaction score
@el Bert is hands down my favorite poster in this thread.

Auximenes

Reaction score
I like it. I always see reasonably-priced shirts on rakuten that measure a size or two too big for me. Might have to give one a try next time.
I have A LOT of Poeme shirts, they're simply my favorite casual shirts for design/fit/fabrics (dont just rely on material description though - i have several 100% cotton ones that look nothing like cotton, due to some special treatments done to it). I love the 'young Werther meets Melmoth' vibe of most Poeme stuff actually - and the stuff i handled in the shops here really impressed me, quite an underrated label if you ask me. But back to sizing, most of it runs 1 size large , however it is not always the case. I have 1 shirt in 46 (i sized down 2), and another in 50 (had to size up). But all the rest i sized down 1 (48).

On another, completely unrelated note, does anyone here have much experience with 08Sircus ?? I saw some at Lift the other day, and while it's not really my style, the details and construction quality blew my mind (im thinking especially of a down vest that was truly beautiful). Until then, all i saw on various webshops pics seemed very meh, so that was kind of a surprise.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics