• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nn - i say no, but i gave you a thumb cuz you tried something out of the ordinary.

regis - awesome.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regis, that is ******* fantastic. Your fits are constantly amazing; You just make it work all the time. Props, man.

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Take two
a5a7u8ej.jpg

ta2yqabu.jpg

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
coat: stephan schneider scarf: uniqlo jeans: lanvin shoes: mark mcnairy
This is a clinic on how to blend textures. The McNairys really take this to the next level because so many footwear options would look fine, but those are inspired. Worthy of a Jack Nicholson nodding gif.
Sorry bene, but I can't tell if you're trying to dress casual with a tucked in white dress shirt (why?) or dressed for the office with no belt and your shirt unbuttoned too far. Pick one and clean it up IMO.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the idea is fine, but the shirt is too billowy at the waist - take it to a tailor

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't take it in more without it being too tight at chest or at least that's what my tailor says. I agree it would look better with less billow!

Yeah I added my belt but it's a hidden button pang so I thought it looked fine

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can't take it in more without it being too tight at chest

Yeah I added my belt but it's a hidden button pang so I thought it looked fine

Belt loops look out of place if you're not wearing a belt though. Or if your shirt isn't untucked.

Last edited:

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see why a tailor wouldn't be able to add darts to the back of that shirt without affecting the fit in the chest much. Maybe you should go m2m if your drop is too big for otr

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks man thats a good idea. I might be falsely recollecting a shirt that already has darts ( I dont think this one does)

:)

But yeah i really should just MTM. Who does that for hidden placket shirts?

orlais

Reaction score
This is a clinic on how to blend textures. The McNairys really take this to the next level because so many footwear options would look fine, but those are inspired. Worthy of a Jack Nicholson nodding gif.

Thank you! It's been extremely cold lately here in Melbourne and this has been one of my go-to outfits. Glad to know it's appreciated.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Bene, for what its worth, I let my shirts billow out at the waist and rolling up the sleeve makes it less dressy to me. I mean you roll up your sleeves and you have this exact fit

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think it looks really awkward when people wear tucked in shirts with no jacket and the sleeves down.

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Stephan Schneider Ijevan Cardigan
American Apparel Viscose Tee
Eastpak Suede Backpack
Peir Wu x SnowmanXL Snowpants
Uniqlo socks
Dries van Noten Sneakers

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads