• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Weight Loss Muscle Gain Source

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since every so often somebody comes in here and says "How do I lose weight? Really, I want to!!" - I thought I'd pass along this brand new website section. You can easily lose 20 lbs of fat in a month... and then gain some decent strength & muscle. But you gotta be serious, and actually want to do it.

If you do, here are the keys to your solution:

http://www.t-nation.com/programs/vdi...Program000.jsp

I think it's cool - and it just came out today. Examples, instructions, motivation... it's all there. Thanks to the internet.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've done the Vdiet. Works, but is really tough to follow. Lost about 30 lbs in a summer and gained strength

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cchen
I've done the Vdiet. Works, but is really tough to follow. Lost about 30 lbs in a summer and gained strength

It's hard to imagine you 30 lbs heavier.
eek.gif

JeffsWood

Reaction score

Can you share a bit more about his program? Basically you drink shakes for month?

wraith

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JeffsWood
Can you share a bit more about his program? Basically you drink shakes for month?

The link explains it all pretty well, but that's it in a nutshell. You'll get one solid healthy meal each week(basically a chicken breast and some veggies), one tbsp of peanut butter each day in the evening, and plenty of milled flax seeds. Otherwise, it's all just protein shakes.

I might try a v-diet cycle after I finish up my current turn on Rapid Fat Loss. I hate committing to the $500 in supps that they ask for, though. RFL costs me about half as much for a month and the results so far are excellent.

blackjack

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JeffsWood

Plus working out it seems. The supplement/shakes cost over $500
eh.gif

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackjack
Plus working out it seems. The supplement/shakes cost over $500
eh.gif

$500 for a month? That's pretty cheap for food. If it's per week, that's nuts.

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's for the month. And yes, that's your food for the month. That's your grocery bill, sort of. Looked at like that, it's not all that much.

I don't like promoting products, but their stuff works and they provide good information on the new site.

I just get tired of hearing people say "I need/want to lose 10 lbs fast. How do I do it?". The answer is this site. It probably has a 100% success rate for those that actually do what it says to do.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've literally watched people I know or the blogs of those that have tried the Vdiet and only one made it through.

As the days go by, it's like reading the diary of somebosy slowing upping their daily dose of LSD.
laugh.gif
plain.gif

A solid diet built around carb cycling and proper nutrient timing will service most folks much better... unless your only goal is to strip blubber in record time.

sithroya

Reaction score
I am 5'9 and 215 pounds.. (18 years old) how much weight you think I will lose with this? I think i will get it next month. it will cost me 585 bucks, but i spend around 10 dollars on food anyways so i guess its not too bad eh? thanks

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
A solid diet built around carb cycling and proper nutrient timing will service most folks much better... unless your only goal is to strip blubber in record time.

+10^100

"Quick" diets/exercise regimens are unreliable. If your goal is to lose weight, it's really only healthy to lose (or gain) 1-2 lbs. per week if you're serious about maintaining your new weight. Spending time researching nutrient timing and food profiles will do you so much good. Yes, this is time that you could be spending on StyleForum, but I would seriously recommend you check out some of the articles and the forum on bodybuilding.com. The information is still applicable even if you're not trying to be an actual bodybuilder, so don't fret.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
+2. most people don;t even have the discipline to lay off garbage, let alone follow the v-diet to a t.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did Vdiet 1.0 and some things are different in 3.0 but the basic principal is the same

You could technically spend less if you wanted to use a different protein powder for the shakes. I think Optimum Nutrition or Isopure would work equally fine, since the nutrional value is pretty much the same.

It's very difficult to follow strictly, especially for someone who loves food as much as me. But, it does work, and works very well. I still do 1-2 shakes a day and then 2-3 healthy meals. Some days I do all shakes if I don't have time or any other food and it's been fine.

wraith

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NakedYoga
+10^100

"Quick" diets/exercise regimens are unreliable. If your goal is to lose weight, it's really only healthy to lose (or gain) 1-2 lbs. per week if you're serious about maintaining your new weight. Spending time researching nutrient timing and food profiles will do you so much good. Yes, this is time that you could be spending on StyleForum, but I would seriously recommend you check out some of the articles and the forum on bodybuilding.com. The information is still applicable even if you're not trying to be an actual bodybuilder, so don't fret.

Particularly near the end of a diet when things slow down appreciably, a diet like this is a sanity saver. I'd agree that it's much more suited to an "advanced" dieter than to a novice, though, as I imagine it would be easy to slip back into old habits after 30 days despite the promises of "breaking your bad habits".

I did Vdiet 1.0 and some things are different in 3.0 but the basic principal is the same

You could technically spend less if you wanted to use a different protein powder for the shakes. I think Optimum Nutrition or Isopure would work equally fine, since the nutrional value is pretty much the same.

It's very difficult to follow strictly, especially for someone who loves food as much as me. But, it does work, and works very well. I still do 1-2 shakes a day and then 2-3 healthy meals. Some days I do all shakes if I don't have time or any other food and it's been fine.

I can't imagine doing this without at least some casein. Isn't metabolic drive a whey-casein mix? I imagine that using isolate or concentrate would be ridiculously painful and most likely less effective as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 90 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads