• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The wedding pic thread: let's see what you wore!

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice tie, nice suits.
Originally Posted by ZON_JR
Nice pics.
Could you not quote the entire selection of pictures next time you have two words to add?

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vasili_leung
I actually think the two pics of you smoking is quite good. Very Tony Leung like.

On that particular day, I might have been more handsome than Tony Leung!
laugh.gif
I know what you mean though, with the greased back hair and all... Btw, very regal looking avatar; an ancestor of yours?

Nice pics.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by unjung
Nice tie, nice suits.

Thanks! I believe someone had posted about the difficulty of finding a wedding tie that would pair well with suits of different colors. I think I managed to pull it off with the one I chose for my groomsmen; one of them wore a b/w Glen Plaid with blue overcheck while the other had a black suit with pinstripes. While I opted for the pink tie for myself, I could just as easily have worn that white/navy/pink shepherd check with my charcoal suit.

vasili_leung

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
On that particular day, I might have been more handsome than Tony Leung!
laugh.gif
I know what you mean though, with the greased back hair and all... Btw, very regal looking avatar; an ancestor of yours?

No certainly not.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice pics.

Originally Posted by unjung
Could you not quote the entire selection of pictures next time you have two words to add?

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Not sure how I feel about the 'business suit' looking outfit, but very nice nonetheless. Congratulations.

It would be cool to see what others wore on their wedding day.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree. It's harder than I thought it'd be to make a suit not look too business-like for a wedding. I had hoped to get a light to mid grey suit or a navy one, but selection was pretty limited in my size. Tried a few combos with that suit and found that a white shirt looked even more business-like. A boutonnière goes a long way...

On the general subject of appropriateness: it's been said that a Glen Plaid suit isn't formal enough for a wedding, yet my best man looked great in his outfit and got a lot of compliments. Also, the braces we wore are of the formal variety and are usually worn with a dinner jacket/tux. In the end, no one in attendance was offended by our combos because they either didn't know the rules (probable), simply didn't care, or a combination of those reasons. To be honest, this was of no concern to me since I am not a member of high snobiety and none of my guests are SF members.
tounge.gif

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some nice pics from other members' wedding threads:

Originally Posted by mafoofan
Some better pics. You can get a better sense of what a Rubinacci suit looks like when worn naturally and in motion. You can even see me smiling.

mafoowed4.jpg

mafoowed2.jpg

mafoowed3.jpg

Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs
From my wedding in June.

2323232327Ffp5332nu3238486286WSNRCG.jpg

LesterSnodgrass had linked to his wedding photographer's website. The pics were most awesome; it's unfortunate he didn't post some of them here except for the 2 thumbnails in his wedding thread...

modern_leifeng

Reaction score
posted these in the waywt thread the other day, here they are...
4058968012_c7b43e8cdf.jpg
tux didn't have tails, its just from the guy standing behind me....
4058227149_d143ce2b6f.jpg
yes, those are Peal for BB pumps, got a lot of comments about them... unfortunately no pics in the "zhongshan" jacket, though it was a solid blue wool with regular button holes but Chinese knots as buttons...Tux is from a local tailor, bride's dress is from Chinese brand NE Tiger.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice thread ... sorry for the scanned pics ... only ones i have here on my laptop

pics from the traditional ceremony ... his and hers outfit made by local tailors (blue/white theme):
n507159535_301285_608.jpg

untitled.jpg

pics from wedding and dinner ... his = brooks bro from head to toe; hers = something from david's bridal ... no idea, but she looked good ...lol (red/white theme):
n507159535_301303_5149.jpg

untitled4.jpg

changed halfway through the dinner ... i only changed my jacket to a 1 button white DJ ... she wore a red dress by christian d'ior (iirc)
untitled3.jpg

next day; thanksgiving service at church ... his = 3 piece gray pinstripe oxxford suit; hers: wedding gown with hat:
n507159535_301306_5880.jpg

honeymoon ...
untitled2.jpg

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice pics niidawg; I love seing traditional garb in weddings! modern_leifeng, look forward to checking out your pics when I get home; they don't show up on my office computer... Keep it coming guys, especially all you regular WAYWN posters who are married!

I'm picking up pics from another friend/2nd photog after work so I should be able to add some pics from the ceremony and reception.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads