• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

e0d9n0b5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are you kidding me? Brad's whole MO is to be as horrible to every new member as humanly possible, then hide behind our best PC intentions when inevitably, insult after insult, someone finally calls the man in tights and lipstick a transexual (which, by the way, is his custom title).

Being PC is easy. It's an easy stance. It's easy to care, or to appear to care, about people in the abstract, when it suits your interests. It's just as easy to look beyond this at someone's actual behavior -- the way they, you know, actually treat people, real people -- and see just what a load of crap that is.

Forget Isa. Remember Bortelli? He wasn't a troll. He came here posting fits, asking noob questions, seeking advice, hoping to participate. And like countless others, he suffered a zillion provocations from Brad, and like countless others, he was very restrained in his response. And like many others, he was driven away in short order by another reprehensible thumb-seeking post in which he was told he was basically useless as a human being.

Good times.

transvestite and transsexual are not the same thing.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
problem is people simply cannot ignore or block as it's been proven time and time again, best thing to do is ban adn take out the trash

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are you kidding me? Brad's whole MO is to be as horrible to every new member as humanly possible, then hide behind our best PC intentions when inevitably, insult after insult, someone finally calls the man in tights and lipstick a transexual (which, by the way, is his custom title).

Being PC is easy. It's an easy stance. It's easy to care, or to appear to care, about people in the abstract, when it suits your interests. It's just as easy to look beyond this at someone's actual behavior -- the way they, you know, actually treat people, real people -- and see just what a load of crap that is.

Forget Isa. Remember Bortelli? He wasn't a troll. He came here posting fits, asking noob questions, seeking advice, hoping to participate. And like countless others, he suffered a zillion provocations from Brad, and like countless others, he was very restrained in his response. And like many others, he was driven away in short order by another reprehensible thumb-seeking post in which he was told he was basically useless as a human being.

Good times.

Don't make this about Brad. Even if you think he's an asshole, that doesn't absolve Isachenko.

Maybe being PC is "easy" to you, but not being PC is even easier when you're a cis, straight, white dude protected by internet anonymity and complacent moderators.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My point is, if you're going to bring it up at all, why not treat people the way you would like to be treated? I don't care about Isachenko, I was speaking about things in general. No one should complain about '**** posters' when 99% of the trolling is the result of their callousness. It seems like all of this could be avoided.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've reported every Isachenko post that I would consider offensive, I'm not going to dig through his post history and expose myself to that again.
And with regards to your request for unprovoked bigorty - is that somehow more offensive than provoked bigotry? When he called Brad a ******, was Brad somehow asking for it?

HMs dont see reported posts. we have no access to that queue. :(

we can delete stuff, but we have to be very careful about it.

i did not mean provoked bigotry. i just meant that sometimes mean (not bigoted) replies are provoked, and sometimes they are not, and there is a difference imo.

as far as bigotry, with the ****** comment i assumed he was trying to make a joke about brads custom title. a bad joke, but i did not think it was a bigoted comment. it was dumb, but given brads title, i was unsure what to do, as i said. i do not recall any other bigoted comments from him.

apologies if there were and i missed them, i would not have let them hang if i saw them.

i want the name of this fool so i can block him too :fistbump:

ill PM you later if you really want it. :)

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ughhh... I agree with you in theory Superego... but with Jet in reality. just ban the assclown.

apologies if there were and i missed them, i would not have let them hang if i saw them.

don't think you missed anything but good on ya Stitch. :bigstar:

Last edited:

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd rather discuss the the employment prospects of recent law school graduates than the latest ****** poster on SF. Jesus ******* Christ.

Isachenko

Reaction score
No one has cited a ban-able offense, because none exist. Nor has stitches or any hall monitor ever deleted any of my posts. People shouldn't post fitpics if they can't handle critiques. I don't really care if anyone wears nut smashers daily or ten scarves at a time, but since most people are too 'nice' to tell the truth then a lot of these posters are under the illusion that no one ever thinks something's 'off'. I understand it doesn't help when you have x number of professional designers creating a lot of expensive non-sense, as if the price-tag and 'public' acclaim justify the hobo dyslexic synthetic poopy droopy catholic monk apparel.

The resident crybabies, as already noted by others, make non-clothing-related inflammatory posts as much as I critique fitpics. Not so ironically, with the exception of reedo, I haven't seen fitpics by any of the forum crybabies. The real provocateurs, however un-ban-able, have been here for years before I got here.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isachenko, until now I haven't written anything regarding this whole discussion, because **** I don't think it's worth the energy.
Now that you posted ^that though, I'm genuinely curious: exactly why do you act like such an ass-hole?

Like, that you have your opinion is totally fine, and giving critique (even though nobody agrees with it) is overseeable.
But why do you feel the need to constantly provoke and make awful awful jokes that you're the only one enjoying?
Fairly sure, presuming you have friends, that you don't act like this at all in real life, so why do you turn into such a complete and utter wanker on here?

Also, a correction: Pretty sure everyone who have hated on you have posted a fitpic, and even more certain they all wore better stuff than you

Last edited:

Isachenko

Reaction score
BrotherFilip,

Thanks for kind words and trust I'll give my honest opinion on your new acquisitions!

Ariiam

Reaction score
No one has cited a ban-able offense, because none exist. Nor has stitches or any hall monitor ever deleted any of my posts. People shouldn't post fitpics if they can't handle critiques. I don't really care if anyone wears nut smashers daily or ten scarves at a time, but since most people are too 'nice' to tell the truth then a lot of these posters are under the illusion that no one ever thinks something's 'off'. I understand it doesn't help when you have x number of professional designers creating a lot of expensive non-sense, as if the price-tag and 'public' acclaim justify the hobo dyslexic synthetic poopy droopy catholic monk apparel.

The resident crybabies, as already noted by others, make non-clothing-related inflammatory posts as much as I critique fitpics. Not so ironically, with the exception of reedo, I haven't seen fitpics by any of the forum crybabies. The real provocateurs, however un-ban-able, have been here for years before I got here.

Critique: "This jacket is too long"

You:

Quote:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads