Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattt

mattt Senior member

Yeah heels on chicks must be great for tall guys, but it doesn't really help those of us under 5'9 for girls to all be 4 inches taller. [​IMG]

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

how much walking in one vs the other

but yeah 2-3" is week might as well be wedges

exactly nobody walks around here, hell they even hate when i don't valet because they have to walk more than a few feet, wedges here are at least 4"

Yeah heels on chicks must be great for tall guys, but it doesn't really help those of us under 5'9 for girls to all be 4 inches taller. [​IMG]

5'11

3. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Well you would think will all the walking chicks do in NYC vs Cali they'd do better; but generally from what I've seen NYC chicks cannot walk in heels higher than 3". Maybe it's different in Cali, esp given their scenes. I especially hate when my girl wears heels as we are the same height without them, and she already has the perfect gluteal arch + decent posture.
    aww can't handle your girl being taller? and lol at gluteal arch edit - and location has nothing to do with how a girl can walk in heels. It depends on how often the girls wear heels. So maybe you heel haters don't like them cause your girl wears flats or flip flops all the time and so when she "dresses" up in heels she can barely fuckin walk

4. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

5'10" here, love taller beezies.

Dated girl who was 6'0" out of heels.

edit: even cheap ballet flats look better than flops.

5. max_r

max_r Senior member

i'm 5'10" and my ex was 5'2" and wore nothing but ballet flats. wish she wore heels more often, would have made the thigh disparity a bit less severe

6. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Senior member

i mean who gives a shit if your girl is taller than you? my gf is like 5'9 and i'm 5'8. i don't care if she wears heels when we go out as long as you look good and have swagger it shouldn't matter.

7. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

8. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Good heels can be comfortable too... I mean, some can be pretty lightweight, they flex well and are soft on the foot. 18-20 year old girls probably haven't been wearing them long enough, or nice enough heels to wear them properly, but from all accounts women get used to wearing them and some can be comfortable. My gf says Manolos and Jimmy Choos tend to be comfortable.
    In this country, every girl wears heels, if not every day, often. Even the tomboy'ish girls and the hipsters will give their look a break and wear heels once in awhile. Japanese girls in Japan wear heels often as well. For some reason a lot of them leave the heels at home when going abroad though.

9. kixslf

kixslf Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] Woolrich Woolen Mills Engineered Garments Engineered Garments Tanner Goods X 3 Mister Freedom Uniqlo Quoddy Parrot Canvas

10. farraj18

farraj18 Senior member

If a girl wants to wear heels, don't stop her. If she doesn't, don't make her. It's as simple as that.

I think the heels vs flats argument is similar to the argument for pant specifications on guys. If you have a longer torso then heels should be worn more often to balance out the body. If you have much longer legs than torso, then flats should be a usual go-to. If relatively balanced, either/or works.

11. e0d9n0b5

e0d9n0b5 Senior member

12. kixslf

kixslf Senior member

so i don't post for a month and the first time I come back all you guys can talk about is heels.

so typical (10)

13. kixslf

kixslf Senior member

what the hell evan. You work at Fourhorseman?

14. e0d9n0b5

e0d9n0b5 Senior member

what the hell evan. You work at Fourhorseman?

yeah! only on sundays though haha, since maybe two months ago? give or take

15. kixslf

kixslf Senior member

makes sense.

kick them in the nuts for me for never straightening our shit out.

ha. I gotta make a trip up soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.