The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

Actually like this good job Robbie.
    thanks
    Robbie you look like a mannequin in that picture.
    I was backing up,stupid timer.
    ^ yeah not bad robbie. if it was simply a crew neck it would be cooler though.
    yeah, i agree... the sweater didn't last all day. It was much warmer than I thought it would be.
    Those pants are great robbie!
    thanks
    Robbie, that color combo makes me sick to look at it.
    Work those pants into some different fits and you should get good results.

yeah, they fit better now than they had before (no pop for almost a month,not even coke) so i was at the point where I wanted to try 'em.
    I don't understand why people like roberts fit so much. I think everything's too tight, the shirt is ugly and the shoes look really blobby.
    my fit, or robert. I don't own a j crew watch, and only answer to robert from bankers or my mom.
    I don't think the pieces are flattering, the shirt makes him look really boxy and like he has no drop, and the trousers give him some bad moose hoof.
    It is the angle, the mooseknuckle is less drastic IRL.
    i can see robbie's nipples
    [​IMG]
    Don't like robbie's turtleneck, looks like he should be on that 70s show.
    I need better knits,but am not to the point where I'm ready to ask for advice yet,jet.
    First thing that popped in my head as well. Eric Foreman steez.

You guys got it all wrong, its Howard Wolowitz-steez.

Edit: Too big picture. Link here.

something along those lines i guess, though not as bad as that woolworth guy.

Solid look nonissue.

robbie should never step foot in a thrift store again.

heh, i'm moving to a town of 700 without one i'm pretty bummed actually.[​IMG]

2. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Ehh I really enjoy it. The trick is to have a sense of humor about it.
    Surrounding one's music elitism with detached, bemused irony doesn't make said elitism okay. It just means you have the worst hipster affectation possible. However, you could have meant something different by "having a sense of humor about it" and will not assume you're a cultural freerider that appropriates authentic cultural signifiers as mere accoutremont to your sense of detached "cool" but in my experience, that's been the code word of criticism-insulating irony-shield utilized by the hipster scum I have had the misfortune of acquainting myself with.

3. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

overcast saturday = more of err'body's fave sweats.

[​IMG]

4. __CB__

__CB__ Senior member

heh, i'm moving to a town of 700 without one i'm pretty bummed actually.[​IMG]
    wow, 700 is damn small. think the lack of a thrift store will be a positive though - reckon you'd be better off making 1 good purchase on b&s/ebay than 5 or 10 questionable thrift pickups.

5. nonissue

nonissue Senior member

nonissue is that the nom de guerre shirt-jacket from this past season? hows the fit?

yah man, it is. fit is really solid, I'm wearing a large boo oxford in that photo, and the shirt jacket is a medium. Fit's super slim, but it's just big enough for me to comfortable throw a shirt under.

6. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

7. Odd Morsel

Odd Morsel Senior member

8. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

Surrounding one's music elitism with detached, bemused irony doesn't make said elitism okay. It just means you have the worst hipster affectation possible.

However, you could have meant something different by "having a sense of humor about it" and will not assume you're a cultural freerider that appropriates authentic cultural signifiers as mere accoutremont to your sense of detached "cool" but in my experience, that's been the code word of criticism-insulating irony-shield utilized by the hipster scum I have had the misfortune of acquainting myself with.

words, you know a lot of them.

9. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

So I was walking around the Plaza in downtown Kansas City yesterday, and it's absolutely amazing how people wear almost the EXACT same clothes that the folks on here wear but look 10000x worse. They look like freakin' hipsters and all of them have moose knuckle going on. On top of that, most of them you can't tell if they're gay or straight because of how tight they have everything. It's amazing how the slightest touch can make people look classy and masculine(as most folks on here look), vs. hipster and effeminate(downtown KC).
    I highly doubt KCans wear MMM, Julius, etc. Fuck, I doubt they even wear so much as the Crew

10. dune

dune Senior member

The opposite happened to me one time. I was talking to this girl like you described and she asks me what music I like, and I go Converge, Coalesce, Wolves in the Throne Room, Have Heart, blahblahblah. Then BAM, she goes off and starts calling me a pussy and everything and just goes on and on about Norwegian black metal and starts name dropping shit that I probably can't even pronounce or spell. At least she gave me props for Wolves though.

kvlt girls, man.

Have Heart, and she calls you a pussy? Posicore for life.

11. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

So I was walking around the Plaza in downtown Kansas City yesterday, and it's absolutely amazing how people wear almost the EXACT same clothes that the folks on here wear but look 10000x worse. They look like freakin' hipsters and all of them have moose knuckle going on. On top of that, most of them you can't tell if they're gay or straight because of how tight they have everything. It's amazing how the slightest touch can make people look classy and masculine(as most folks on here look), vs. hipster and effeminate(downtown KC).

no, i've been to KC... they are wearing the same mall crap most everyone else is wearing.

KC= /= brooklyn or something

12. theom-

theom- Senior member

Synthese, its looks good. I'm not so sure about the sheerness of the top, but you've got good proportions for that stuff. hair looks good too.

13. Teger

Teger Senior member

nice synthese, someone who wants to goth ninja and understands proportions.. a rare site

14. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

nice synthese, someone who wants to goth ninja and understands proportions.. a rare site

sight, i think

15. e0d9n0b5

e0d9n0b5 Senior member

sight, i think

I don't think english is his first language, from what I remember.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.