• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Mabuse

Reaction score
Not sure if "thirditem" is a troll account or not but the pictures are of a guy who has a blog and posts at Andyland in the trad forum.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
what's up with the JFK hair?

Dude even sort of looks like a Kennedy. That is, one of Ted's offspring, not so much JFK and RFK.

Peak and Pine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TKJTG

Thanks for the advice.

I'm not understanding the crap you're being made to take here. And you're taking it very well. I've seen all your pictures. Maybe one of the problems the nit-pickers may be having is that (and no **** here) you are one of the better looking guys to bother to post here. You've looked good in every pic, including the first in the red polo that received so much ****. You tucked it in. Call the cops. You're ready for shuffleboard in St. Pete. This is all bull's balls. You creased your chinos. Man, you're an instant middle manager.

You might want to seriously consider withdrawing from this bull pit and wearing whatever suits you, because I have seen not one thing in one picture that doesn't look either okay or that flatters you. You've come here already with a far better sense of dress than you may realize.

connor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jokerman
tumblr_kyby7pa0J81qzxzwwo1_500.gif

perfect

farraj18

Reaction score
First post ever on the forums. I thought I'd be a little out there.

Here's what I've got on.

Photo0111.jpg

Photo0112.jpg

Photo0113.jpg

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
All these lookbook people always have very questionable "professions". If they're not a 15 year old graphic designer/art student, they're a singer or "writer".

I'm waiting for the 13 year old recording engineer.

Amen. It seems like in an age where it's never been easier to network, so many people exaggerate their status. Anyone who owns a DSLR is a "photographer." Anyone with a blog is a "writer." Anyone who bummed the latest version of Photoshop from a torrent is a "graphic designer." It's an insult to the people who have worked tirelessly to be genuine photographers, writers and designers.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Peak and Pine
I'm not understanding the crap you're being made to take here. And you're taking it very well. I've seen all your pictures. Maybe one of the problems the nit-pickers may be having is that (and no **** here) you are one of the better looking guys to bother to post here. You've looked good in every pic, including the first in the red polo that received so much ****. You tucked it in. Call the cops. You're ready for shuffleboard in St. Pete. This is all bull's balls. You creased your chinos. Man, you're an instant middle manager.

You might want to seriously consider withdrawing from this bull pit and wearing whatever suits you, because I have seen not one thing in one picture that doesn't look either okay or that flatters you. You've come here already with a far better sense of dress than you may realize.

Ha! Well thanks.

Everything people say on here I just take lightly and don't take any of it personally. However, the guys on here have been paying attention to men's fashion a LOT longer than I have, so I consider the advice well-educated and helpful.

Honestly though, the pics I've posted are not representative of my wardrobe at all. The vast majority of my clothes are pants from the Gap that are way too baggy, polos a size too large, and graphic t shirts I got from my college for free. The reason I post pics is so I can get an idea of if they fit correctly, so I can kind of build on that knowledge.

I have a decent idea of what I want to do with my style now, so I likely won't be posting more pics until August or September once I actually go out and buy everything. Thanks for the compliments, though. It's appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads