The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. APK

APK Senior member

The thing is, I AM bottom heavy and it makes finding pants really, really difficult. I have a 32 inch waist but weigh 180 pounds at only 5'10". I have a big ass and wide hips so it's hard to find something that fits both up top and is slimmer in the leg.

Do you think just getting these pants altered could be an option? Because I like the style of the pants, they were on a good sale, and sizing down isn't an option because they fit perfectly at the waist.

Thanks for the advice.

Try slimmer pants. There's a middle point between what you've got and truly slim pants. Trust me. You sound exactly like me (5'10", 170 and junk in the trunk). It's a crapshoot, but there are pants out there that look slim and work with your build. Try Epaulet (a forum affiliate) for a variety of pants in great fabrics and good cuts for all types of builds.

2. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Senior member

3. kiya

kiya Brand Representative Affiliate Vendor

Me American. [​IMG] Me: Duncan Yoyos Tee Dry Bones Nike NSW Diesel: Steam Locomotive Collar

4. Listi

Listi Senior member

Me and my new girlfriend: [​IMG] vvv Edited just for you, but I'm pretty sure it's Miss USA's job to take pictures with clueless schmucks like me.
    Would be an okay casual fit if the shoes didn't make me want to shoot myself in the face. Pair with purcells/superga/bucks/SOMETHING ELSE

5. Listi

Listi Senior member

you look 'normal', leave SF now if that's OK with you

Looking normal is fine in real life but probably the worst thing you can do on the internet.

6. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

drop crotch oh yeah
    I've got two pairs of those pants and I really wish I would have gotten a bigger size. I got XS and they're too short so they don't stack up like that at the bottom.
    Cool to see other LL'ers on here... I've been on LL since 2004. Angmar's my username, but I don't go there too much anymore except for Glasses: Gant Shirt: larson eclipse chambray by Theory Jeans: RRL cream white straight leg Boots: sand suede DB's Happy 4th of July!
    Top and bottom halves look incongruous, but I like the fit of both halves seperately. The jeans are actually kinda cool, but they make your legs look short to me and something needs to be done about the cuffs, like everyone else said. And beat up those DBs.

7. ben39

ben39 Well-Known Member

This is my first WAYWT post. I've sold off most of my clothes on eBay and am starting again with the basics. I haven't really worn anything other than denim for years. Any opinions on the fit of the chinos? There pretty slim but I think I like them. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] AA tee Lova Chino Khaki Lacoste Lawn

8. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

9. ben39

ben39 Well-Known Member

Tee is new and only washed once. They shrink like crazy after a few washes and I actually find they get too small. I've been reading one of the tee threads around here anyway and I am waiting to try a few other brands.

10. mattt

mattt Senior member

Pants could use a hem/cuff IMO.

11. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

[​IMG]

sorry boat-shoe haters, I'm heading to the beach.

I love the shirt, but I think the boat shoes and pants are too similar in brown. I think if you swapped the pants for a white or rich cream pair it would work, or similarly if you swapped the boat shoes for a navy or white pair of something.

12. ben39

ben39 Well-Known Member

Pants could use a hem/cuff IMO.

I actually noticed the model in some of the revolve pictures doing this. Might give it a try.
    Thanks.

13. surrender

surrender Senior member

[​IMG]

H&M tank, APC PS overdyes, MMM GATs

14. as_

as_ Senior member

15. snake

snake Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.