The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dls6128

dls6128 Senior member

Well these are linen so it's actually not very thick. I'm just thinking aesthetically if it's okay? People on here have been telling me to take risks so I'm wondering if it's worth trying.

Check out tonio028's fit pics in this thread; he does what you're trying to do.

2. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

thats fine, not everyone digs them :\\

i personally like them

3. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Screw it, I'll just give it a try.

[​IMG]

4. Rolfi

Rolfi Senior member

quel surpris - it doesn't work ... looks really bad because the roll is way too chunky. and what's the point of a roll that just barely stops above your knee?

you guys really need to lurk and read more on this forum before posting more bad ideas. and i mean this in the nicest way possible.

5. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

quel surpris - it doesn't work ... looks really bad because the roll is way too chunky. and what's the point of a roll that just barely stops above your knee?

you guys really need to lurk and read more on this forum before posting more bad ideas. and i mean this in the nicest way possible.

Haha right. [​IMG]

I knew that it was a risk but figured what the hell. Thanks for the input!

6. Mountains

Mountains Senior member

What fun is fashion if it's not experimental?

7. the_pole

the_pole Senior member

sup kelvin. cps is my go to summer shoes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

what glasses are those ?

8. GeorgeQiao

GeorgeQiao Active Member

Damn, cb_32 I didn't know you were on SF. I thought you were just a LLer. XD

9. CrazyJew

CrazyJew Senior member

Cool to see other LL'ers on here... I've been on LL since 2004. Angmar's my username, but I don't go there too much anymore except for random software I need for class. Here's my red, white, and blue WAYWT for the 4th of July. I couldn't figure out how to inline images from the styleforum gallery, so here's the links. (I tried but it didn't work, just showed the links) I feel like something is off about this fit, so I could appreciate some critique. I feel like I look stocky in this outfit, even though I'm really slim. It could be the shirt or the jeans, or both I dunno. The shirt is small sized though, and the jeans are a beautiful denim. Glasses: Gant Shirt: larson eclipse chambray by Theory Jeans: RRL cream white straight leg Boots: sand suede DB's http://www.styleforum.net/g/showfull.php?photo=3372 Bonus picture of my fiancee and I! http://www.styleforum.net/g/showfull.php?photo=3373 Happy 4th of July!

10. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Here's my red, white, and blue WAYWT for the 4th of July. I couldn't figure out how to inline images from the styleforum gallery, so here's the links. (I tried but it didn't work, just showed the links)

I feel like something is off about this fit, so I could appreciate some critique. I feel like I look stocky in this outfit, even though I'm really slim. It could be the shirt or the jeans, or both I dunno. The shirt is small sized though, and the jeans are a beautiful denim.

Glasses: Gant
    Shirt: larson eclipse chambray by Theory
    Jeans: RRL cream white straight leg
    Boots: sand suede DB's

http://www.styleforum.net/g/showfull.php?photo=3372

Bonus picture of my fiancee and I!

http://www.styleforum.net/g/showfull.php?photo=3373

Happy 4th of July!

I like the color of those jeans though by SF standards they look baggy.

11. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

those jeans are pretty baggy and the cuff is too big, good stuff otherwise

12. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

Cool to see other LL'ers on here... I've been on LL since 2004. Angmar's my username, but I don't go there too much anymore except for random software I need for class.

Here's my red, white, and blue WAYWT for the 4th of July. I couldn't figure out how to inline images from the styleforum gallery, so here's the links. (I tried but it didn't work, just showed the links)

I feel like something is off about this fit, so I could appreciate some critique. I feel like I look stocky in this outfit, even though I'm really slim. It could be the shirt or the jeans, or both I dunno. The shirt is small sized though, and the jeans are a beautiful denim.

Glasses: Gant
    Shirt: larson eclipse chambray by Theory
    Jeans: RRL cream white straight leg
    Boots: sand suede DB's

http://www.styleforum.net/g/showfull.php?photo=3372

Bonus picture of my fiancee and I!

http://www.styleforum.net/g/showfull.php?photo=3373

Happy 4th of July!

My 2cents:
    Get a hair cut or clean it up abit.
    Either go for a full beard or shave it clean.
    The pocket square in a shirt is not working well at all, but others might feel different
    Get the jeans hemmed. Fuller cut jeans don't work well with that type of cuff.

To the post above me, it's not SF doesn't like fuller cut jeans, it's just most fuller cut jeans look atrocious on most guys who think they have bodybuilder like thighs. I don't like the painted on look, but you want your clothes to flatter your body.

13. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

First of all, if you're going to be a douche and speak in French, learn your grammar.

Also, the pant roll above the knee is going to look out of place pretty much everywhere except the beach. I'd say you should try to find a slimmer pair of pants anyway - the shirt looks fine, but something about tucked shirt + vans slip-ons seems weird to me. I would really suggest looking for slimmer-cut pants, since you look relatively fit, and the pants you've posted so far have made you look quite bottom-heavy. I think you're wise, however, to hold off on purchasing things until you have at least a slight idea what you want. It shouldn't be hard to find things, though, your "look" is popular with 95% of the posters here. Have you gone back through the old WAYWT to look at things yet?

14. Rolfi

Rolfi Senior member

What fun is fashion if it's not experimental?

so you're saying looking like shit is fun?

experiment all day and do whatever you want, just don't make me look at all your failed attempts and bad ideas

15. Mountains

Mountains Senior member

so you're saying looking like shit is fun?

experiment all day and do whatever you want, just don't make me look at all your failed attempts and bad ideas

Poor baby.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.