Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

My last fit is similar to what I wear every day and I wouldn't usually post such a fit as I think it's rather plain. I did think the storefront was interesting, though.

2. asobu

asobu Senior member

plain's not necessarily bad though, so keep posting. it's still a good fit, even if it's not "crushing" everything else.

3. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

i saw braidkid's fit the other day and that was pretty close to perfect. GN's fit is fine though. that's about as good a fit as you can expect to get with straightish leg jeans and a t shirt. it's certainly nothing to complain about.
    or nothing to post about considering the outfits are never good and the grainy pics are an eyesore.. kelvin does the little things well that make the difference between random "sf approved" or whatever fits and then people commenting on how good the outfit is. You don't think others have posted sweater, jeans and sneakers and gotten zero compliments to negativity? , and his picture quality and backgrounds are generally good which help too. Nice pics/fit man graphicnovelty- untuck your boots please. you look very uncomfortable doing so and i can't imagine it'll instill much confidence in you walking around campus worrying about if the boottuck is working to the average eye or not. just roll with it over the boots

4. raags

raags Senior member

compliments and criticism appreciated, first waywt [​IMG] thom finch long cardi who am eye merino wool long tee nudie thin finns clarks dbs

5. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

vonWitzleben, thanks for the suggestions, but I'm going to keep my rafs hi and my mmm's low. Won't stray from the 19cm cut either. Perhaps I will wear some crazy socks instead. snowman It's 100% wool. Their cotton and cotton/silk mixes aren't bad either. raags,, the dbs are out of place and the cardigan is slightly effeminate.

6. tooshay

tooshay Senior member

thom finch long cardi
    who am eye merino wool long tee
    nudie thin finns
    clarks dbs

I'd have aimed for slightly 'edgier' shoes that would have suited this fit better.

7. dls6128

dls6128 Senior member

compliments and criticism appreciated, first waywt

http://imgur.com/hhxS5.jpg
    thom finch long cardi
    who am eye merino wool long tee
    nudie thin finns
    clarks dbs

DBs are a weird choice...

8. raags

raags Senior member

i agree i didn't actually wear the dbs out during the day retaken with the shoes i wore out / that go with it better (random brand cuban heeled loafers): [​IMG] do you think the cardigan being "slightly effeminate" is neccessarily a bad thing? i personally think it's interesting as my look is pretty rugged/masculine (shaved head/beard) and it's not overly feminine i feel.

9. citrus.grey

citrus.grey New Member

raags, i think the problem isn't really a footwear problem alone, you're putting a bold piece over an otherwise unremarkable outfit, the two have nothing in common. to be honest i'm not totally feeling the cardigan but maybe the context of the outfit is messing with me.

10. dls6128

dls6128 Senior member

raags, i think the problem isn't really a footwear problem alone, you're putting a bold piece over an otherwise unremarkable outfit, the two have nothing in common. to be honest i'm not totally feeling the cardigan but maybe the context of the outfit is messing with me.
    -1, the updated pic looks much better.

11. raags

raags Senior member

theoretically.. why is a bold piece over an unremarkable outfit inherently bad? don't i want to avoid having too many foci in my outfit / things will conflict / it will seem overly efforted etc? i read that a lot of people on other boards / in general seem to have one more "bold/extreme" piece and the rest more sedate.
    >> not even disagreeing with your viewpoint. just trying to further my knowledge.

i see why the db's were out of place completely though!

cheers guys for the advice

12. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

T-shirt and Jeans WAYWT Challenge: Battle of the Lame Basics

Also know as SW&D.

13. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

I think the cardigan could work but the neckline on the T underneath isn't aggressive enough to go with it. It needs to be wider or lower or something.

Also, this fit needs boots.

14. Teger

Teger Senior member

hand in pocket ftw [​IMG] rugby j crew paul smith [​IMG] hanes j crew [​IMG] hanes rag & bone german army [​IMG]

15. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

how did you get so arrogant posting fits like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.