The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

By the unlikeliest of challengers.

lol indeed

braidkid and RyeGB do jeans + t-shirt as well as can be done, look at their waywt's and then comment

2. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

lol indeed

braidkid and RyeGB do jeans + t-shirt as well as can be done, look at their waywt's and then comment

i saw braidkid's fit the other day and that was pretty close to perfect.

GN's fit is fine though. that's about as good a fit as you can expect to get with straightish leg jeans and a t shirt. it's certainly nothing to complain about.

3. jet

jet Persian Bro

[​IMG]

I went to the grand opening of this store in fall 07 before sq knew what margiela was.

4. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

I went to the grand opening of this store in fall 07 before sq knew what margiela was.

congratulations.

5. jet

jet Persian Bro

ez there terminator

6. connor

connor Senior member

graphicnovelty how many times are you gonna take a picture of yourself in chucks jeans and a tshirt

7. cez

cez Senior member

T-shirt and Jeans WAYWT Challenge: Battle of the Lame Basics

so be it.

[​IMG]

8. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I wear a white v and jeans every single day but fuck bothering to take another pic of it.

9. vonWitzleben

vonWitzleben Well-Known Member

Alright, better version. http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/4093/waywt10.jpg Alt A. MxMJ Chucks Seriously though, photos can't capture how these shirts were made for my odd proportions, especially post-wash. They're not too tight in the chest/soulders but manage not to look like tents or be wayyy too long.
    That fit is fine. anyone complaining about that should post the same fit and see if they can get any tee or jeans to fit that well in a single pic.

Yeah fine in a way that people on the street wont laugh when he comes across. Measuring it in terms of fashion forum standards is definitely something else. The overall fit is even subpar to SuFu standards. All imo obviously.
    http://imgur.com/rxCA4.jpg http://i.imgur.com/tXHUv.jpg http://i.imgur.com/HGMr1.jpg
    hello?!??!??! why did no one comment on this? for starters, that margiela store looks fucking amazing. second, your fit just crushed every single post in WAYWT in the past 30 pages. only thing i dislike are those patent MMM lows. I think the margiela patent shoes look kind of cheap compared to the real leather ones.

Maybe I have read some different past 30 pages, but there were fits way better. Are you even serious? Store looks interesting, indeed, though a bit on the tacky side. But its not about the store, is it? At least this thread isnt... Regarding the fit: The shine of those GAT doesnt go with the worn in raw, imo. Too much of a break. Did you even notice how badly legopening and shoe fit together? His feet look gigantic and you can see black (maybe navy?) socks sticking out... Just to underline the argument: [​IMG] [​IMG] vs this Dior raw x Margiela GAT fit [​IMG] Fit on the Diors is ok btw., but certainly nothing to get that euphoric about. But the honeycombs are really sick! ^kelvinsense: I would try some mid or high tops. Might integrate your feet into the overall silhouette much better so they dont stick out that much. And if you are going with those MMMs I would go with a slightly bigger legopening.

10. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

the solution to gigantic-looking feet is bigger shoes ?

11. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

i still like the ny storefront better

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. MortyGras

MortyGras Senior member

[​IMG]

This doesn't 'crush' shit.
    It's a nice basic outfit, but nothing more.

13. vonWitzleben

vonWitzleben Well-Known Member

the solution to gigantic-looking feet is bigger shoes ?

Not a solution, a workaround.

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Boot tucks only work when it is not so intentional IMO. When you try really hard to tuck jeans into boots to pull off that specific look (name?) it tends to work against the natural aesthetic.

Personally, I've tried tucks several times, which was a mistake. Only KAG/CWG wearing boots i.e. Uggs should do it [​IMG]

Guys who are doing it more are really following a hype by goth-ninja with all their dark attire, who IMO, try to slim and match their silhouette more proportionally, thus by tucking. Again, black on black concept perhaps?

Hendrix's fit would be better with the jeans let out over the boots. Top is rocker, bottom is just weird (inconsistent with the top half). Not sure what he was trying to go for aesthetically.

15. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

boot tucks are dumb and I have no idea why everyone wants to do it

Cause it looks good, I also tuck my hi-top sneakers...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.