The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

That line of thinking makes me think that people must be really self conscious about what they wear.

i mean, only if you call posting on a board called styleforum 'really self conscious'...

2. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

i mean, only if you call posting on a board called styleforum 'really self conscious'...
    In a thread that should basically be titled "critique my style please." at that Obviously everyone's not gonna love every fit, but I don't think ad hominem attacks on those who disagree are necessary or productive

3. obesitykills

obesitykills Active Member

I was going to wear boots, but the wifey insisted chucks look better! Hmmmmm... What is it with women always liking my chucks and CPs while displaying complete indifference to boots? Anyway, first time I've worn plebeian chucks all year-- I guess they're ok in this context.

[​IMG]

Lad Musician
    Diet Butcher
    Chucks

I don't know if it's just me but you look really hunched over.

4. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

In a thread that should basically be titled "critique my style please." at that

Obviously everyone's not gonna love every fit, but I don't think ad hominem attacks on those who disagree are necessary or productive

Opinions can't be right or wrong but they can be good/bad or educated/baseless, etc...

There are probably like 4-5 people on sw&d who have the combined fashion sense, taste, industry knowledge/experience, etc... to actually be considered authorities. A few people who don't know much but try to stretch themselves, and then a lot of people who actively dislike fashion outside extremely conservative looks.

cez- That looks good and all, but your body must run cool as fuck because i'd be dying. ]

5. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

I think I might just unsubscribe from this thread.

6. jet

jet Persian Bro

There are probably like 4-5 people on sw&d who have the combined fashion sense, taste, industry knowledge/experience, etc... to actually be considered authorities.

[​IMG]

7. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

ps: not knowing about bondage pants and discussing fashion is roughly the equivalent of not knowing about the sex pistols and discussing music.

i talk about music all the time but have no idea who the sex pistols are....

8. theom-

theom- Senior member

Over the weekend. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] cosmic wonder (more bondage for fuuma) geller h&m gm (until i get some baller sneaks)

9. telemark

telemark Senior member

the equivalent of not knowing about the sex pistols and discussing music.

The sex pistols, pah, what claptrap!

10. chronoaug

[​IMG]

You're above the law, sweetie

11. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Love the Cosmic Wonder bomber, not sure about it with those H&M slacks though.

12. sebastianm

sebastianm Well-Known Member

@tigerFormula: I liked the fit before i scrolled down and saw the pic including the CW bomber. The bomber actually looks pretty cool, it just looks a little out of place here.

13. mattt

mattt Senior member

tigerFormula: Nice, love the shirt, and I think the slacks look good with it. Shoes could be improved, like you said. Bomber is very cool, but as mentioned above I also think they don`t really go with the pants that well.

14. chronoaug

nice apcs, impolyt one. Great color on the fades.

Also, how did we not hear before that barims was in a band. I guess we could've guessed but still cool to know.

15. Listi

Listi Senior member

Ornementation, bondagey-references (think Vivienne Westwood's "Sex" boutique) and in that case punk references. You don't get that clothes may have decorative elements? ps: not knowing about bondage pants and discussing fashion is roughly the equivalent of not knowing about the sex pistols and discussing music.
    Are you saying that someone who may be a classical music aficionado should not be able to discuss music because they are disinterested in punk? Would you consider a Savile Row tailor to be ignorant about clothing if they did not keep up with runway trends? I'm not disagreeing with your sentiments against these idiots, but your analogies are fairly weak.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.