The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Not my style but I think it would look better with lo-tops.
    that looks seriously bad man
    those sweats are so baggy for CP, way too slim
    Could pass as gym wear, but that's about it.
    Haha, I think the pants are just too big. When you're tying the already elastic waistband so tight that it's bunching up, it's probably an indication that they don't fit.... I also agree about the shoes being too slim, I thought they were gonna work out but I guess I'll just stick with jeans - I didn't expect the sweats to be so baggy in the thigh. Ah, well, I'll sleep on it, but it looks as though the search continues. chrono, the geller seconds stuff is currently on sale at Forward, I believe - seems worth it to me.

2. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

I think it could work (the training boots/sweats combo), it's a big contrast though. Maybe it's the angle or the color of the tank but something about the fit as a whole is a little dissonant to me. Usually colors don't bother me but maybe that's it.

3. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

I think it looks dope Synthese. I mean you gotta be confident and shit but it works.

4. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Honestly, I think with different sweats it would be fine...they R&B ones are super baggy in the ass, with no rear pockets (read: unsaggable) and the tank kind of bunches up weird over them. It would also probably help if I were either kunk-huge or nicelynicely-tiny, not right in the middle. haha, ARW, it actually kind of seemed like something you would wear... [​IMG] (and chrono too, gotta give props to inspiration even if it's a polarizing fit...) edit: thanks magician, I'm definitely not sold on sending them back just yet - if I ever get around to buying a leather I think it would look much better with some bulk on top, instead of all just in the legs...Also, I think they'd be fucking ace in the winter, wool/cashmere so soft and warm, mmmmmm

5. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

really liking the fits from ed04bnob, mark1 and vonwitzelben. Welcome vonwitzelben and keep posting. Good stuff
    +1
    Feedback plz?

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2140/picture023rz.jpg

I think it's pretty cool. WOuld like for the singlet to have a lower cut. obviously, a nice leather would make this fit.

6. Earnest Hemingway

Earnest Hemingway Senior member

chrono, the geller seconds stuff is currently on sale at Forward, I believe - seems worth it to me.

Also got 'em at ssense iirc.

7. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    apolis
    club monaco
    gap
    cons

That's an absolutely great casual getup.

8. Fuuma

Couple of recent purchases....reaaaalllllyyy not sure at all about the R&B long johns...they're probably at least a size too big, but they're so comfortable. The Geller seconds tank is actually really nice, thick and long and soft.

Feedback plz?

[​IMG]

geller seconds
    rag and bone
    cp

Looks awful but without the shoes it would be nice. Get like simple low white shoes (GAT, CPs, whatever) and you're golden.

chrono is also doing nice casual and so is SQ4, overall I'd say most SF posters look better in summer, dunno why as it's usually the other way around (I prefer leather jacket weather).

9. Fuuma

Hi, colder day in central Europe...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

COS knit, AA v, Dior Waxing Moon, Tyrwhitt Chucka

Love this too, even the COS (hate that brand) sweater looks great.

10. Riio

Riio Senior member

I dunno, looks kind of feminine but maybe it's the stance / build / European thing.

yeah I was thinking the same thing, still like it though

11. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Synth don't sell those, I actually like the fit for what you're doing. Silhouette is different in a good way particularly if you mess around a bit and find some other pieces, if the CP's werent' entirely the wrong colour given the colour of your tank you'd be killing it there. Either those need to change, or the tank needs to be white / black / grey etc. Picture that, with a tank in the same kind of colour as those Geller dip dye hoodies from this season (dunno if he made a tank), then add Rick gradient or colourblock leather. Win.

I agree with Fuuma re: e0d9n... guyfrom4hm, but I feel like he has his shit together enough that he could be doing something more. Add in a piece here or there that isn't background, if that makes sense. That may be me projecting.

Chrono, GATs really look good with those pants.

Something about the boots is throwing off Vonw's fit for me, otherwise a solid 8/10. Knit is great, just relaxed enough.

Good page.

12. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I agree with Fuuma re: e0d9n... guyfrom4hm, but I feel like he has his shit together enough that he could be doing something more. Add in a piece here or there that isn't background, if that makes sense. That may be me projecting.

the reason he does so well is because he DOESN'T add something more, it's perfect casual kept simple like it should be

13. kixslf

kixslf Senior member

[​IMG] Woolrich Woolen Mills Gitman Tanner Goods X 3 Tellason John Graham Mellor Quoddy

14. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

the reason he does so well is because he DOESN'T add something more, it's perfect casual kept simple like it should be
    yup yup. He used to do the whole cloak/gothy thing but even then he kept it simple which was for the best. Always dressed well from goth to casual to shroomed out to streetwear. Glad he is posting pics here too That's some good shit right there, kix

15. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

yup, that's a good look kixslf. chrono and e0d9e39d with similar outfits but both look good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.