The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

i want so bad!!!!

2. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

JD where do you get all your stuff? Not in town i presume.

3. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Depends which stuff. I got that shirt at Holts. The pants are the bottom half of a suit that was a forum purchase IIRC. Shoes were from Gilt. Shades were also online.

4. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Does this jacket fit a little slimmer through the body than like a baracuda? It looks to have an overall slimmer fit... Also, I'm jealous you're able to wear a harrington, its hotter than hell this week. I got several harringtons hoping to rock them, only to evaporate each time i've tried.

well, it's rag&bone. The difference is primarily in the cuts and materials. I know you like thrifting "originals" but isn't always the same. It's cut very slim, tight/high armholes and it's superlightweight

jd- bahahaha. pose is great/creepy. still don't like those sunglasses much in any of the fits but at least you're embracing the pedophile thing

5. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

I like Rosen and Holt but they're both pretty overpriced- still trying to find good menswear places. Roden Gray is all I can really think of.

6. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Depends what you're looking for. Gravity Pope Tailored Goods is good, has Schneider, Geller, W+H, APC, Common Projects, Nice Collective and is bringing in SNS Herning. Dutil is fine for jeans but they have a pretty limited selection (they do however have their own jean which I like a lot). Other places have kind of come and gone. No more clack clack, no more J+O as of this year. There is Lark, Block, and a couple of other shops in Gastown, never been too impressed though.

7. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

Depends what you're looking for. Gravity Pope Tailored Goods is good, has Schneider, Geller, W+H, APC, Common Projects, Nice Collective and is bringing in SNS Herning. Dutil is fine for jeans but they have a pretty limited selection (they do however have their own jean which I like a lot). Other places have kind of come and gone. No more clack clack, no more J+O as of this year. There is Lark, Block, and a couple of other shops in Gastown, never been too impressed though.

I'll have to look that up- thought Gravity Pope was just shoes so I never really considered it. Hills of Kerrisdale has good stuff every once in a while (denim, gitman vintage stuff)- nothing designer, however. Thanks man.

8. e0d9n0b5

e0d9n0b5 Senior member

Inventory just opened up their own store, 45 Powell St. I wish I could justify the day trip to Vancouver just to go see it, but I can't. Vancouver also has all the military surplus I could ever want, whereas Victoria has none.

9. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

^^
    y did i always think u lived in sf?

10. onion

onion Senior member

I like Rosen and Holt but they're both pretty overpriced- still trying to find good menswear places. Roden Gray is all I can really think of.

I'm going to Vancouver with a couple of buddies in July and was wondering about shopping there. Are those couple of shops the best places around? Any other places worth mentioning?

Also, and maybe we should take this to PM instead of here, but do you guys have recommendations on things to do while I'm there, and good places to eat? My friend has been up there a few times, but it'll be my first time visiting BC, and I'd prefer to get some opinions from residence over a vacationer.

11. e0d9n0b5

e0d9n0b5 Senior member

^^
    y did i always think u lived in sf?

No idea heh, closest I've been to SF was Sacramento.

12. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I'm going to Vancouver with a couple of buddies in July and was wondering about shopping there. Are those couple of shops the best places around? Any other places worth mentioning? Also, and maybe we should take this to PM instead of here, but do you guys have recommendations on things to do while I'm there, and good places to eat? My friend has been up there a few times, but it'll be my first time visiting BC, and I'd prefer to get some opinions from residence over a vacationer.
    There are too many good places to eat to even list man. This place has amazing restaurants. I mean I'd need you to narrow both of these questions - if you're looking for vintage / workwear stuff you probably aren't going to need to check out Leone, which carries Lanvin, Dior, Prorsum etc. What kind of stuff do you want to shop? Same with restaurants, what kind of food? I can give you half a dozen sushi places worth going to alone.
    Ha, the sig is a dead giveaway as to where you're at. I've never been in to 4HM, whenever I've been on the island the last 3-4 years I was doing a run of used book stores and getting lunch then heading home.

13. autobot_tom

autobot_tom Member

14. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Sorry, but you're all just going to have to deal with the leaning-against-tree pose. Just remain calm and we can all get through this. (Click for bigger version) Bottega Veneta / Alexander Mcqueen / Helmut Lang / Alexander McQueen / Florian Denicourt
    Love that McQueen shirt
    Ho. Lee. Shit. How did you get those, do those really exist?
    iirc they never went on sale, I think a small number of VIPs got pairs PS: That movie was amazing

15. bows1

bows1 Senior member

JD, Loving that outfit.

PG - Awesome shoes, wanted a pair every since I saw the movie

Autobot - you have torn the fuck out of those jeans, they look pretty sweet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.