The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nil

Nil Senior member

2. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Paolo, is there a reason you didn't button the last button of the cuff? I'm ignorant with regards to that type of thing Not something I'd wear, but that ring you made is also very cool
    It's a dandy thing, to show off that the cuffs are functional.
    I disagree with you totally. I have no idea what is so bad about the outfit. It is so simple, a blazer, a shirt, jeans, and loafers...big deal. They all happened to match each other, fit well and be good quality items.
    No hate dude, here's what I see as the main problems: It's a blazer with brass buttons- those buttons should be the flair and focal point, you shouldn't need more than that. Jeans + loafers: generally not a good look, but we also can't even see what they look like so I just assume the worst. If you want to post the bottom half, by my guest and I think we can offer more advice. The shirt is a french cuff shirt worn without a tie with fuchsia cuff-links- I don't think that's so simple. So while in theory you could have: blazer + shirt + jeans + shoes and look good, though not relatively inspired, you have: blazer w/brass buttons, pocket square, french cuff shirt w/bright pink cufflinks, jeans + loafers throw one or two wildcards in an outfit, not make the whole thing out of them

3. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...g/IMG_4459.jpg
    -H. Huntsman Silk Blazer
    -Brooks Brothers shirt, with silk links
    -Hermes Alligator Belt
    -CH Jeans
    -CH Drivers
    -$0.99 silk pocket square
    -Ring was made by myself

what's the occasion for being so dressed up?

The blazer and shirt are nice, but i don't understand why you're wearing them if you're also wearing jeans. I can imagine the shirt in a conservative suit with a tie, but it seems too formal for what you're wearing now. especially with the french cuffs.

Also, pocket puff is terrible. Do a straight pocket square.

4. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Paolo, is there a reason you didn't button the last button of the cuff?

sprezz

5. GiltEdge

GiltEdge Senior member

Unlike other times I think I am just going to ignore it all and believe that what I did was alright. And I wore it to Toku, which fit in perfectly. I got a complement from the SA at the Loro Piana store as well.

6. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

[​IMG]
    TOJ
    KMW
    DBs

If it wasn't such a grey day, you'd see that the TOJ is a deep chocolate brown calfskin. Gonna wear the hell out of this now that it's getting cool enough.

7. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

8. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

That ToJ is hot shit

9. theom-

theom- Senior member

OK, sorry for posting fits so often (this is what not having a job is doing to me), but I actually would appreciate some feedback on this outfit

For prom themed party

Shirt has ribbed cuffs which I think is kinda cool. Decided to pair N. Hoolywood jacket with slimmer Lad trousers and ankle boots, looked better in silhouette than the fuller N. Hoolywood trousers

Any ideas? Go with Lad pants? Different footwear for N. Hoolywood? Wear Rick dunks?

I like the n hoolywood trousers better, but if you are going with the Lad pants wear the Dunks.

10. theom-

theom- Senior member

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f253/paolom3/Cloth%20blog/IMG_2356-1-1.jpg [IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f253/paolom3/Cloth%20blog/IMG_4471.jpg [IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f253/paolom3/Cloth%20blog/IMG_4482.jpg [IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f253/paolom3/Cloth%20blog/IMG_4459.jpg -H. Huntsman Silk Blazer -Brooks Brothers shirt, with silk links -Hermes Alligator Belt -CH Jeans -CH Drivers -$0.99 silk pocket square -Ring was made by myself[/I]
    Lol you got some fat fingers, dog and for the tag, -that is not thome browne -why would take a picture of the tag for WAYWT, are you going to go around showing people the tag in your jacket? Woops almost forgot, that shirt you have, the collar has absolutely no roll whatsoever, you might as well have bought it at gap.

11. APK

APK Senior member

Gotta have that body synergy, dawg.

12. c00kz

c00kz Senior member

I would've thought paolo was trolling

13. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

Some guy from MC loved it. Don't let that fool you, it is not a very good fit.

and nn should go with the lad trousers. looks great.

14. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Some guy from MC loved it. Don't let that fool you, it is not a very good fit.

lol called it

15. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

I disagree with you totally. I have no idea what is so bad about the outfit. It is so simple, a blazer, a shirt, jeans, and loafers...big deal. They all happened to match each other, fit well and be good quality items.

if it was a simple blazer, shirt, jeans and loafers he wouldn't complain.

You did too much with it. The french cuffs with silk knots could've been the one pop in the outfit.

but you've got a big pocket puff, a watch and a huge ring in there too. as well as the brass buttons on the blazer.

way too much going on.

if you simplified it a bit it'd be awesome, because the blazer and the shirt themselves are nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.