1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rye GB

Rye GB Senior member

Nice Chrono, living in a colder climate has definitely afforded you the luxury to play around more with layering etc. Good stuff! "Nice Black Pussy". [​IMG] 9/10, the best use of color I've seen in a long time. I also like the non conformist approach to loosely lacing the shoes, it's these details that marks your style! jkissitie [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

look good but not amazing.

Kind of the mantra here [​IMG]

3. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i think the two fits ryegb posted above are amazing, but the rest of you look much much better than everybody else i see on the streets.

4. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior member

i think the two fits ryegb posted above are amazing, but the rest of you look much much better than everybody else i see on the streets.

This is something that is so true, even the worst fits posted on styleforum are better than 90% of the stuff I see people wearing out in public. A little effort goes a long way at the least.

5. the_pole

the_pole Senior member

No hate but are you really short or is your ceiling just massive tall?

hes standing on his tub i think

6. shaftoe

shaftoe Senior member

7. Kent Money

Kent Money Senior member

8. robbie

robbie Senior member

[​IMG]

best light my Rockers have probably seen as far as photos go.

9. shaftoe

shaftoe Senior member

Kent: I think chunkier shoes would be better there. Those chukkas look nice but something with a little more weight would balance you out more effectively. robbie: Rockers are looking good.

10. avery

avery Senior member

Kent, details? pants specifically

11. otter

otter Senior member

nothing hipster about your jacket and boots/shoes

12. Kent Money

Kent Money Senior member

shaftoe: i feel ya. I was going to get my substitute teacher permit, however, so I thought I would 'dress it up.' More rugged boots would be appropriate, however.

avery, they are:

TOJ A-2
    Vintage Gingham Button up
    Nom De Guerre TTS 34 denim, olive/shell color (on sale at Tres Bien)
    Opening Ceremony Desert Boots (bought on B&S)

13. mpcec

mpcec Senior member

Great fit shoreman, is that an NdG sweater?

14. Smahatma

Smahatma Senior member

Opening Ceremony Desert Boots (bought on B&S)
    Do you know what season they were from? Last season's brown leather was textured/pebbled leather rather than smooth.

15. JKISSI

JKISSI Senior member

Nice Chrono, living in a colder climate has definitely afforded you the luxury to play around more with layering etc. Good stuff! "Nice Black Pussy". 9/10, the best use of color I've seen in a long time. I also like the non conformist approach to loosely lacing the shoes, it's these details that marks your style! jkissitie [​IMG]
    Thanks a lot Rye!

16. dougie

dougie Senior member

Kent: the TOJ bomber is b'dass. What size are you usually and what did you go with?

17. Kent Money

Kent Money Senior member

Smahatma - aaccording to the tongue on the inside of the shoe, the are AW08 which I take to be Autumn/Winter 08. However, the last desert boots i saw for sale at MSRP were made of deerhide which has that pebbly texture. Deerhide is super strong and reselient so I would have loved to have a pair of those. i think i saw some deerhide brown ones on Tres Bien, sexy.

dougie: I typically get a size large with an interquartile range of [Medium-XL]. But I'm able to fit a large in most labels.

Here are the dimensions i sent drew:
    Shoulder to Shoulder Back: 19.25"
    Shoulder to Shoulder Front: 18.5"

Collar to Hem Front: 23.75"
    Collar to Hem Back: 25.5"
    Pit to Pit: 24"
    Shoulder to Cuff: 27"

i think the shoulders could have been brought in an inch or so, however.

18. otter

otter Senior member

[​IMG]
    kent, i have to say that i really like bomber, but imo i dont think the bomber suits your bodytype as its making you look too boxy

19. the_pole

the_pole Senior member

I've been having a lot of trouble now that I'm buying and wearing more button downs, with knits and tees I can usually just size down if the length allows or buy slim and the fabric's stretch will sort things out. I tried to size down in j. crew's shirts but I'm 6'3 and a Small just wont cut it in length or in the shoulders. I'm also a little bit reluctant to go for some of the expensive BoO type true slim fit shirts because I'm afraid the shoulders will be too small, I have a couple H&M slim fit shirts that I can hardly get my arms/shoulders into after washing. I've been thinking about picking up a few uniqlo oxfords (hence the sig) because for that price I should be able to afford having them tailored.

Your 6'3 and you wear a M ?? Im the same height and a M would fit me like a children's shirt , I wear a L in uniqlo and the sleeves are just right

20. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

best light my Rockers have probably seen as far as photos go.

you're spending way too much time in that laundry room.[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.