• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

reprehensible

Reaction score
Originally Posted by barims
My beard and I last Sunday:

Whoa. Let me join the chorus of saying: that looks great. Not just the beard; the whole thing looks good.

But the beard actually suits your face really well.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
barims looks like a 70's dictator. pretty cool.

Pat

Reaction score
its a little chilly tonight
009-7.jpg

ndg
shipley
sperry

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't wear boat shoes. But to me, boat shoes imply warm weather. His fit isn't too bad though, to each his own I guess.

puddin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
I don't wear boat shoes. But to me, boat shoes imply warm weather. His fit isn't too bad though.

the majority of the time, it's nice to have a jacket or sweater when you're on a boat cause it's pretty cool when you're heading into the wind and on the water. just sayin. i don't like boat shoes either, but nothing wrong with rocking a sweater with them.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
^^Sweater and boat shoes don't go together.
+1 no one boats in the (cold) winter, they would be skiing the alps to their log cabins

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have seen too many people wear boat shoes nowadays regardless of the occasion or weather. I guess I am just getting tired of seeing sperrys.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by puddin
the majority of the time, it's nice to have a jacket or sweater when you're on a boat cause it's pretty cool when you're heading into the wind and on the water. just sayin. i don't like boat shoes either, but nothing wrong with rocking a sweater with them.

That's when you are on a boat. I am assuming he wasn't going sailing.

Pat

Reaction score
i totally get what you are saying about boat shoes with a sweater. boat shoes are for warm weather and sweater are for cold. be that as it may, i like the look, and will continue to do it from time to time.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
for me, boat shoes are comfortable (go to)

if I had a sweater like that, it to would be go to

and khakis are khakis

all three of these things combine to make a pollished 'idgaf i'm chilling' that could be a 'i do gaf, and i look good in this stuff' fit and then I found five dollars.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pat
i totally get what you are saying about boat shoes with a sweater. boat shoes are for warm weather and sweater are for cold. be that as it may, i like the look, and will continue to do it from time to time.

Like I said before, your pieces actually fit. I am just not a big fan of boat shoes in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads