• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Note to self: never PM Stanley.
uhoh.gif

dude it's an obvious troll. If you sent me a legitimate PM that contained an off-topic personal question you can easily be assured I wouldn't post it publicly. I've responded to countless people with honest questions -- about denim bleaching mostly (which honestly, ought to be directed to synthese as I was only following his lead, but whatever) -- without posting them here for ridicule.

this, on the other hand, is different, and we all know why,

Last edited:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
j/k bro's...

I can't even tell anymore. Is that miran? If so, we may have belonged to the same fraternity.

in hoc signo vinces :fence:

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

dude it's an obvious troll. If you sent me a legitimate PM that contained an off-topic personal question you can easily be assured I wouldn't post it publicly. I've responded to countless people with honest questions -- about denim bleaching mostly (which honestly, ought to be directed to synthese as I was only following his lead, but whatever) -- without posting them here for ridicule.

this, on the other hand, is different, and we all know why,

Clearly, this 'Dear Stanley' business calls for its own thread...

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, now that I think about it he's probably a troll, considering he posted similarly long, self-righteous rants in the Terrible Fashion Blog thread today and in the eBay Buying and Selling Tips thread last week.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My theory is we're all crying troll because it's really hard to imagine someone so pompous and self-serious actually existing in the real world

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
I don't think it's Miran. The writing style is totally different.

Plus Miran owes me a present from the gift exchange and I would think he would at least hold off until he fulfilled his obligations but who knows.
revolve.gif

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My theory is we're all crying troll because it's really hard to imagine someone so pompous and self-serious actually existing in the real world

and now that you've posted this it makes me think it's just someone who is really pompous and self-serious. who knows? more importantly, who cares?

wurm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
would people please shut the **** up and stop responding to this guy? any response you give him just fans the flame

Last edited:

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's a joke via an amusing analogy, get over it, American foreign policy of the last 50 yrs can be described exactly that way....

even though you're right, that's how any world power would act if they obtained political hegemony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics