1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexanderTG

AlexanderTG Senior member

[​IMG]

Geller
    Everlane
    Unis
    CCP

Trying to work some of the new pieces that have just come in.

Some better trousers are on their way to go with the CCP but I had to try them out.

As always, your suggestions are always appreciated.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13 people like this.
  2. keanswon

keanswon Senior member

spring uniform:

[​IMG]

ToJ
    Undercover
    Saint Laurent x2

47 people like this.
  3. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

@AlexanderTG a lot better, I think the fabric of the pants seem too clean for the jacket and CCP. Any darker tee would've been a lot better too, grey, military green, brick red, steel blue, black, something that wouldn't contrast from everything but white is never really a bad choice. But it feels much more relaxed than your other fits.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
    4 people like this.
  4. AlexanderTG

Thanks, el Bert. Was considering a different color shirt but was also remembering another poster who said "you can't go wrong with a white t shirt."

Working on it all. Trying not to get overwhelmed or discouraged.

Thanks for your support, all of you guys.

5. BillKillgore

BillKillgore Senior member

AlexanderTG I feel like something is off about the camera angle/distance, no idea about photography though so I wouldn't know how to fix it anyway. Maybe someone else can help.

6. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

Fix your posture.

1 person likes this.
  7. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Thanks for the info. Have a few things in a shopping cart on her site and will pull the trigger. Looking for some nice Tshirts and these look like they will fit the bill. Tried T by Wang, and not really my style since the sleeves don't fit snug enough for my tastes. Good to hear the sleeves fit slim on the Dana Lee stuff.

Really cool!

AlexanderTG, it is possible that you might be a bit too close to the camera and/or it should be a tad lower. At least to my eye. Agree with El Bert otherwise. Also for posing, you could try walking towards the camera (if the camera's on a timer, it might take a few goes) or just standing and facing the camera head on. If it helps, turn your head to look elsewhere, I find not looking at the camera - preferably actively looking at something else - can help deal with awkwardness posing. Hope it helps! :)

8. AlexanderTG

^^Okay, I'll try that.

I guess I've been mostly concerned with the clothes and haven't been worried as much about the camera/pose. There seems to be a big shift in attitude that happens between taking pics in the mirror with an iPhone and then when using a camera on a tripod, like it doesn't really matter how your standing if you're holding a phone up to a mirror but when you use a tripod not it's got to be spot on. But I guess it's all connected somehow.

I guess I'll try it again tomorrow.

Thanks for your suggestions.

9. eluther

eluther Senior member

For someone starting out, wearing a white shirt is a good, safe choice – not just "not bad." Trying to do too much or not knowing which colors actually work toward an aesthetic cohesion is a complex, intuitive matrix that you yourself have to develop and eye for. Start simple, learn the rules, etc. etc.

For a nice casual fit that exists out in the real world and not in an Internet forum, a white t shirt's a solid choice here.

3 people like this.
  10. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Love this. It'd be even better with the SLP leather biker. :embar:

11. einstine

einstine Senior member

Shoulders look slightly slouched because my camera is mounted 10ft above me ...but thanks for the tip.

1 person likes this.
  12. keanswon

keanswon Senior member

Thanks! The only problem is that I just can't afford any SLP leather jacket at the moment or any time soon haha. Plus, my ToJ DR2013 is incredible. The quality is obviously great, and probably no stock leather out there would fit me better.

13. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

I think the TOJ is better, don't need an extra zipper for an extra two grand.

7 people like this.
  14. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

[​IMG]

24 people like this.
  15. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

couldn't agree more

16. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

The SLP jacket is much better quality. Comparing a $750 jacket to a $6500 one is a bit pointless though.

17. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

cool look, mikey. what pants?

18. e0d9n0b5

e0d9n0b5 Senior member

SLP leathers are around 5K i think

19. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

my experience with the leathers at SLP in soho was really underwhelming. was wearing my TOJ at the time and can't say i felt any envy

3 people like this.
  20. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

Quality yes but he said it'd look better if it SLP when the designs of both are fairly similar and I don't see how quality could make that look better when the fit of the jacket is really good.

You know what I have no idea what the price point of SLP I haven't really even bothered to look at that brand for a while. I was just making a general assumption of price and how much more it is for such a small design detail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.