The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

If we're railing on people for being overweight does that mean it's fair game on skinny people too?

Not sure if you're serious or not but there's a difference between railing and critiquing, of course railing on someone for any reason - particularly personal - shouldn't be condoned, but when it comes to critique I don't see why any boundaries should exist except for that any critique must be directly relevant to the fit in question.

2. atuhsad

atuhsad Senior member

^ Here is the thing... you're right, but his "fuck all you, I work and make money instead of hitting the gym so I bet you're all thin and poor and I'm richer than you" repartee was so completely stupid that piling on became utterly irresitible. The thing about being too poor to own an Alden collection was even funnier; it's not like it's a collection of CCP leather jackets or purple label suits; the shoes aren't particularly expensive.

I would say 400+ for shoes is expensive. Relative to CCP? No. Relative to everything else? Yes. That isnt to say that arent worth the money, but I dont see how you can argue they arent expensive, especially considering the median family of four income is in the mid 40k region in the US.

3. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

who caaaaaaaares

What's wrong with your faaaaaaaaaaaaaace?

4. telemark

telemark Senior member

the shoes aren't particularly expensive.

Don't know where you come from pal.

I'm not saying he isn't enjoying his life right now, he probably is. But in 10-15 years down the line, he probably won't be.

What a load of bollocks. He's fat therefore he's unhappy, that other bloke was a bit foreign looking therefore he's a terrorist, him who uses paint on his photos is ugly therefore hes, uh, well, whatever.

You, my friend, look utterly ridiculous in most of your pictures, in my opinion, but people don't make judgements about your life from them. He dresses badly therefore he probably doesn't sleep well.[​IMG]

5. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Don't know where you come from pal.
    Lattanzi's and Branchini's retail in the $2000+ dollar range. That's expensive. You could certainly say Lobb and Tom Ford are expensive in their ~$1000-1500 price category. At ~$400, Alden are quite affordable and barely out of Allen Edmonds retail range.

6. Cacatfish

Cacatfish Senior member

thanks dude. Its by acne.

Thank you sir, and....

Wow, didn't see that one, +1. On a related note how does one person get so many perfect fitting clothes?

Also I think I've come to the conclusion that clean polished shoes can benefit most fits.

Agree on both counts.

7. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

if you insert "my friend", "good sir", or anything of that ilk into a sentence where you are insulting someone, you're a tool

8. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

Lattanzi's and Branchini's retail in the $2000+ dollar range. That's expensive. You could certainly say Lobb and Tom Ford are expensive in their ~$1000-1500 price category. At ~$400, Alden are quite affordable and barely out of Allen Edmonds retail range.
    *SF conditioning*........[​IMG]

9. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

*SF conditioning*........[​IMG]

*Wal-Mart conditioning*

10. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

I know JDMay was talking in the context of SF and high fashion, but to say that Aldens aren't "expensive shoes" overall by giving Lattanzi as an example is like saying an M5 isn't an expensive car because there exist cars that retail for $500,000.

11. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Don't know where you come from pal. What a load of bollocks. He's fat therefore he's unhappy, that other bloke was a bit foreign looking therefore he's a terrorist, him who uses paint on his photos is ugly therefore hes, uh, well, whatever. You, my friend, look utterly ridiculous in most of your pictures, in my opinion, but people don't make judgements about your life from them. He dresses badly therefore he probably doesn't sleep well.[​IMG]
    you, my nobody faggot, are... oops! I mean friend, not nobody faggot sorry friend!! English is not my first language so I make some mistakes when talking to friends. Cunt. Take care! (is correct?)

12. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

If I, by no means a high roller, can impulse-buy something, then it's not that expensive. What I was saying was it was really dumb to use Aldens as the centre of his "you're too poor to buy a pair of these" tirade when pretty much anyone here can own Aldens if they want a pair.

13. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

i was lol'ing, drew when the fuck you comin to LA foo

Either: not soon (haven't been in years)... or very soon, like within the next 6 months [​IMG] My strings are pulled by satan or something, I have no plans for tomorrow either really

14. telemark

telemark Senior member

if you insert "my friend", "good sir", or anything of that ilk into a sentence where you are insulting someone, you're a tool

Seen what you done 'dere. Rightho, noted. I wern't insulting, honest!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.