• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Got damn, it was cool for a couple days but I want my Florida heat back

Cream Viscose Knit
White Ovedyed Jeans
Reversed Leather Moccs
-All Maison Martin Margiela-

Details cause well my pics are bad, the moccs are much more tan than brown, but yeah the pics are bad

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Elisix, I think your fits are good. You wear the clothes and not vice versa. I think most of the criticism you get from the guys here, who are up to date with men's contemporary fashions, is based on the garments that you like to wear are simple, classic, not over-designed and there's nothing wrong with that because you look comfortable and that's what matters. Maybe a suggestion is to try some labels like Carven or Ami. Their clothes are similar to your style but have more design and a narrative in their styling. It's just a little more interesting than regular.

Last edited:

Bartender

Reaction score
I don't mind the guy in the lookbook elisix. It's safe, but it works for that guy. You're not that guy though. What you're doing is not only really monotonous, but everything looks slightly disproportionate. That guy probably has 3-4 inches on your waist, and is maybe 2-3 inches taller. That safe look looks good on him because of his build. You really need to expand outside of jackets, shirts, and chinos.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You've got a decent idea of fit, but there are a number of things to critique about this fit: -Shirt is a bit tight/short -Personal preference, but since the denim is white, they're a little too slim in the thighs for my taste -Shoes are too dressy, replace with sneaker as mentioned previously.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
different week, same argument

if it isn't benes it's elisix

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What is wrong with safe? Why is that so boring to you guys? 

I think my style is pretty safe. I wear slim jeans, boots, buttons downs, some simple knits, etc. It doesn't have to be boring.

I guess what I'm saying is you're boring.

Also please please please please learn the difference between plural and possessive. I cringe when I read "chino's". You're an adult you can do this.

Last edited:

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In relation to this dreadful elisix discussion, posts 87031 through 87033 were like a string of really awesome commercials in between acts of Two and a Half Men.

Last edited:

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score

I think my style is pretty safe. I wear slim jeans, boots, buttons downs, some simple knits, etc. It doesn't have to be boring.

Also please please please please learn the difference between plural and possessive. I cringe when I read "chino's". You're an adult you can do this.

Don't sell that RP hat...

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

AFL you might believe you are dressing safe, but your style is much more in line with what is acceptable in this thread.

How am I boring? You don't know me. My fits are obviously not to the liking of many here, but calling me boring is just you being obnoxious and rude.

As for my incorrect grammar, I apologise.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
elisix, if you ever make it to the States, be sure to hang out with acecow. You guys would probably really hit it off.

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
elisix, if you ever make it to the States, be sure to hang out with acecow. You guys would probably really hit it off.

Can you elaborate? I have no idea who he is or what this post is supposed to mean.

I make it to the states at least once a year on average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads