• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@DanIsThe - everything seems to fit well, but you desperately need some sneakers with that fit. The shoes you have on are much too formal for jeans and a t-shirt.

cxbxw

Reaction score
Sorry to intrude on everybody's ******* circle-jerk but could I get some ******* feedback on my pictures please?

Yesterday

Today

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
your laces are too long on both and look stupid

your gloves are ugly and look cheap, and if it's cold enough for gloves you probably should be wearing a jacket warmer than that one.

same goes for that stupid fur trapper hat, which should go in the garbage.

oh yeah, your jacket has too many dumb wooden buttons all over it

don't wear your sweater above your belt like

your jeans look pretty good and fit really well

nobody owes you any feedback, especially not after only an hour of posting it. most people that post here regularly probably won't even see it for another 4-24 hours.

Last edited:

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
you're wearing a crew tee under a v neck. apparently you own a trapper hat. what the **** do you want from us.

RXS09

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to intrude on everybody's ******* circle-jerk but could I get some ******* feedback on my pictures please?
Are you serious? We weren't even on another ******* page yet

Last edited:

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

elisX genuine question- do you have any desire to improve? because it doesn't seem like it from your behavior

I do, but I'm just not seeing what you guys are seeing and am obviously having trouble understanding. I think as some have mentioned, MC is probably more my thing - even then there are significant improvements needed. However it probably forms a more logical base.

Tucking, tailoring, lack of cuffing - I'm doing or in the process of doing all of these things. I almost feel like I need to wear more black, more cardigans, and more slouchy clothing to make progress in this SW&D.

What I am slowly realizing is that simply wearing denim/chinos doesn't quality my fit as SW&D. This is mostly because my fit almost always involves a button down - and a button down which is normally worn more formally (business casual).

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
most of my fits in sw&d include denim, chinos, blazers, etc and never black and i get a fair amount of thumbs. saying you need those things to progress in sw&d is just a ******* cop out. look at svb and nobd. emulate them. get shoes that don't suck. stop posting 4 photos every time you post a fit.

Last edited:

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol, at wearing more black to progress on this site.

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
elisX genuine question- do you have any desire to improve? because it doesn't seem like it from your behavior

I do, but I'm just not seeing what you guys are seeing and am obviously having trouble understanding. I think as some have mentioned, MC is probably more my thing - even then there are significant improvements needed. However it probably forms a more logical base.

Tucking, tailoring, lack of cuffing - I'm doing or in the process of doing all of these things. I almost feel like I need to wear more black, more cardigans, and more slouchy clothing to make progress in this SW&D.

What I am slowly realizing is that simply wearing denim/chinos doesn't quality my fit as SW&D. This is mostly because my fit almost always involves a button down - and a button down which is normally worn more formally (business casual).

That's really not how you should be approaching this situation.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn you gotta wear skirts to get thumbs up now? S&D got all avant garde now...

gonna be all duchamp and wear my underwear as a shirt now, hope I get lots of thumbs up here when i post the fit.

diniro

Reaction score
No one's pointing out the obvious that dude has a heavy torso skinny legs thing going so he's gonna look like **** more often than not wearing fitted clothing. That's why he has a hard time finding shirts that fit with proper lengths.

With the exception of NOBD, gdl, Tirailleur1, and a few fits here and there, that WAYWRN MC casual thread is a disaster. I doubt he'll progress taking advice from a bunch of old dudes wearing jeans hemmed like trousers with dress shoes.

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate to use lookbook as an example, but; http://lookbook.nu/user/9935-Stay-C/looks

This guy's style/fit is what I am trying to get to for weekends. Right or wrong to you guys, in my eyes this looks good.

http://lookbook.nu/look/4592107-February-16-2-13

And this for workday's as my business attire is still very casual.

http://lookbook.nu/look/4550525-February-5-2-13

Compared to what I did yesterday, some of the issues are clear, but I am still not sure why it seems to be so far off the mark still.

Clearly he is a skinny tall bugger and I am shorter, stockier and not as slim.

Last edited:

buran

Reaction score
That guy has much slimmer build than you. Can you find something closer to your body type? Do you have the same body type as that guy but wider clothing and worse camera skills?

also that jacket is pretty short.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads