• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not uber phail at all, but I would probably have the sleeves tailored a little (should make it look less boxy), nice piece otherwise
fing02[1].gif

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like those colors together, but am unsure about the textures. What are the pants? I hope they're not denim. And is the SC a canvas? I don't love the pockets, but that's personal taste. I also might have goon with wool, because the taupe cotton (if that's what it actually is), combined with the pockets gives it a bit of a J. Peterman vibe, but Fuuma has convinced me that patch pockets can look good (his example was, if I'm remembering properly, an olive green Engineerd Garments coat). Something looks about sloppy about your break, too, and things look a little full in the upper thigh/seat. I think dark navy trousers, brown shoes, and a camel SC would be a great color combo, though. I even like your oxford. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't like it, but that I could have.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
hate the jacket and socks brosef sorry

pants are too frumpy also

love the shoes but i may be biased :cool:

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like the jacket, but agree about the socks. And the shoes. :)

One of Stitches' best casual attempts, I think.

Last edited:

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stitchy, overall I feel like the look is a success. I, however, hate flaps with patch pockets and would recommend having them removed. That said, on a jacket as casual as that, I love patch pockets. The shoes are fine, but I'd prefer bluchers over balmorals. I reserve balmorals for suit wear only.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I like the sportcoat, but something feels off about the shoes.... the color, maybe?

thanks! i like the shoes with it, but a lighter beige-er color might be better.

not uber phail at all, but I would probably have the sleeves tailored a little (should make it look less boxy), nice piece otherwise 
fing02%5B1%5D.gif

thank you, koy. the sleeves actually sit a little shorter, and tend to wrinkle a bit too, which brings them up. i think i just pulled down on them too hard for the pic, but they defo look a tad long in the pic, agreed.

I like those colors together, but am unsure about the textures. What are the pants? I hope they're not denim. And is the SC a canvas? I don't love the pockets, but that's personal taste. I also might have goon with wool, because the taupe cotton (if that's what it actually is), combined with the pockets gives it a bit of a J. Peterman vibe, but Fuuma has convinced me that patch pockets can look good (his example was, if I'm remembering properly, an olive green Engineerd Garments coat). Something looks about sloppy about your break, too, and things look a little full in the upper thigh/seat. I think dark navy trousers, brown shoes, and a camel SC would be a great color combo, though. I even like your oxford.

thanks, synth. pants are LVC cotton chinos. the SC is a cotton/linen blend. wool pants might be better, but i never have done a cotton pants/SC combo and wanted to try it out. gray flanel was suggested, might be good for next time.

the break always looks off with these, cant get it to sit right, and the fullness you are noticing is my large thighs and ass. these pants are probably not the best cut for my large self, but i guess they get the job done for the few times i go this casual.

glad you like the shoes, i love these babies.

thanks a ton for the feedback, much appreciated. :)

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thanks! i like the shoes with it, but a lighter beige-er color might be better.
thank you, koy. the sleeves actually sit a little shorter, and tend to wrinkle a bit too, which brings them up. i think i just pulled down on them too hard for the pic, but they defo look a tad long in the pic, agreed.
thanks, synth. pants are LVC cotton chinos. the SC is a cotton/linen blend. wool pants might be better, but i never have done a cotton pants/SC combo and wanted to try it out. gray flanel was suggested, might be good for next time.

I think cotton trousers (including jeans :)) work better than wool for this jacket.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

no worries, they are not for everyone.

but the shoes are. :)

I like the jacket, but agree about the socks. And the shoes. :)
One of Stitches' best casual attempts, I think.

oh, N. you are so strict with socks. glad you thought the attempt was aight on the whole though. one day i will wear solid navy ribbed socks, just for you.

Stitchy, overall I feel like the look is a success. I, however, hate flaps with patch pockets and would recommend having them removed. That said, on a jacket as casual as that, I love patch pockets. The shoes are fine, but I'd prefer bluchers over balmorals. I reserve balmorals for suit wear only.

thanks, skipper. im undecided on the flaps. for now, i like them in that its different than anything else i have. there are also a bazillion pockets on this SC, i dont why that makes me happy, but it does. and PRL nwt for $36 was hard to turn down for a dude looking for his first khaki casual SC.

I think cotton trousers (including jeans :)) work better than wool for this jacket.

i agree personally, but i am open to the suggestions for wool. NO JEANS!! : )

Last edited:

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ridiculous posture because of winds at 15 m/s, and we were pretty much at the top of mountain when pic was taken
fing02[1].gif

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is amazing. where is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads