1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i can't even see shit, but the first is terrible no matter how it actually fits on you. too much shit going on and color combination is atrocious. swap out the black shirt for a light blue one and ditch the cardigan or off colored vest or whatever it is. that is, if everything actually fits. also i hope those aren't blue jeans you paired with a tie, vest/cardigan, jacket, and a 4 point fold pocket square
    this actually looks pretty good but the quarters looks a little too closed (from what i can see from an awkward posture) to be used casually. looks like you took the top half of a suit and paired it with off colored chinos. chest area looks like it could fit awkwardly with the bubbling i rather like the shirt collars
    patrickbooth told me how he used to wear dior homme suits to class in college and not give a fuck

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
    2 people like this.
  2. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

a dior homme suit could be worn to class if pulled off well on the right person, and its the right school. the above ensemble...not so much

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
    2 people like this.
  3. books and tweed

books and tweed Senior member

Thanks! The picture quality didn't help in that regard, but it's a navy linen sportcoat and the pants are cords.

1 person likes this.
  4. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

its like college tho. you should wear whatever the fuck you want. you should go in a panda suit daily if that was your thing. or walmart sweatpants.

if i had money i would have worn yohji everyday

who was that awkward tall asian dude with the large thick square glasses that had something to do with phillipino housemaids? somebody was saying how he recognized him from school and how he actually wore the stuff he posted like yohji on a daily basis

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  5. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

6. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

The bottom half sounds completely incongruous with what you posted. I'd lose the vest even if wearing dress pants.

3 people like this.
  7. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

the color combination in the first pic looked ok when i thought everything was navy. the fit is kinda sloppy (not very clean) but pretty decent if its RTW

but if your second pic is the same as the first wow. that's just terrible. the pinstripe three-piece top with dad jeans and round toe grey suede boots is really bad

8. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

[​IMG]

NEGAN WEARS ALL LAD MUSICIAN
    SWAG SOLD SEPARATELY
    BATTERIES NOT INCLUDED

5 people like this.
  9. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

I wouldn't. And i disagree. i asked if this was the right thread. Not to debate what you would wear.
    This is what i'm wearing today. and forever. Deal with it.[​IMG]

yeah.......... Sugarcane "union star" cinch backs are Dad jeans............[​IMG]

10. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Senior member

All the dudes up there who're pairing your orphaned suit jackets (which you dub sport coats) with jeans :/ If you don't know how terrible that looks you're never going to get it. Keep trying, and failing then. 38R your right forum.. You'd be right at home with CoG with this fit :/

11 people like this.
  11. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

so then the answer is … No.

assklown thread resides elsewhere.

(and that doesn't mean going back over to HOF:WAYWRN and shitting all over that thread as you have already done either)

1 person likes this.

After a thousand posts I would have thought you would know your way around the forum by now.

13. Kid Nickels

^ easy… common sense is not a birth right. :p

14. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

How? Please do.

15. Kid Nickels

ridethecliche's comment was earnest and relevant. check some of his suggestions... you can certainly get a nice timepiece on budget if you look around.

16. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

I've actually looked at those brands since some time ago and most of them look pretty cool on pictures but when I see then in stores it's meh. but maybe the problem is my budget. I'm still not willing to spend more than $200 for a watch. I kinda regret passing a uniform wares watch for $170 on Classifieds. not that I like the the brand, but for $170 it'd do.

17. Guy Burgess

Guy Burgess Senior member

[​IMG]

Probably a bit too old man for most people here, the hat and loose high waisted trousers definitely do that, but it's where I'm going with this stuff.

Herbert Johnson
    Elena Dawson
    Paul Harnden
    Comme Des Garcons
    Andrew McDonald x Song For The Mute

79 people like this.
  18. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Senior member

Only the colour of the trousers is working against you here, man.

5 people like this.
  19. Guy Burgess

Guy Burgess Senior member

Ha, the one time I branch out into navy...damn. :)

20. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Oh damnit, already I feel as though my Walking Dead superfit is undervalued -- I WILL be petitioning management for more thumbs!

That looks pretty neat, though, Guy. I like the colors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.