• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelyork

Reaction score
***** what. It aint that serious man its just cloooothes man.

LOLOLOL. ya know what, you're right. I re-read what I wrote and felt like a marsupial for comparing music geniuses to clothes. ha! edit time.

mp906

Reaction score
First WAYWT post.

Kind of spring-ish but we had a 50+ degree day so..

Boglioli cotton SC
Vincenzo di Ruggeio Napoli shirt
Levi slevedge
AE Strands

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ok I can buy that. My disagreement stemmed from elisix's inital statement

:cheers: glad we are on the same page. i would have liked to been more detailed in my original post, but it was too long as it was.

TWorksheets

Reaction score

Sometimes this thread turns very bad very fast. Shoes not pictured but black slip-ons. I'm trying to post a fit to get it closer to normal. Left is how I feel when I read the thread like it is currently.

Is that a snakeskin belt? Totally awesome

bort

Reaction score

Unless it's a forum owner, moderator or the like telling me how this thread 'works', i'll be participating in the most logical manner possible. That is, read, partake in discussion, post your fits, try to learn something from those you admire. 

I didn't realise that picture was from your first post here KOY - and honestly, personally attacking you is not my intention. I apologise. However how long have I been in this thread? A month? Should I have learned to be a good, obedient WAYWT thread participant by now?

The fact that you claim there has been no journey is wrong IMO. I've asked a whole series of questions and am actively trying to implement some of the things I agree with. I'm not going to be told what to do, nor should you. 

buran

Reaction score
Nothing as interesting as that tworksheets, just a braided and marled belt.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What? Those people pretty much represent what SWD is all about.

Barims is swaggy as ****, breaks all the rules and looks like a boss - individual panache, not even slightly #menswear
GDL is basically at the forefront of being "SF-approved" (in a good way) - junya, schneider, TOJ, high tops, boots, the whole shebang
MOK is our friendly heritage icon
NYR doesn't really get much love, he just wears jeans
Shore is what SWD was 5 years ago, and he's still going strong. He keeps the dream alive.

I don't know what to make of this

could be
fosters is Australian for beer , who knows what other kinds of messed up translations they have going on

Look out, bad 90s comedians are stealing your jokes

michaelyork

Reaction score
I think you missed the point of his analogy, as it would still fit in well with your expansion of it

style can have it's own Etudes and WTC, just as it can have it's own Gymnopédie as it can have it's own [ ]

but no matter how you look at it, starting with the basic scales is not a bad place to start, even if the direction you pick is more elaborate and beautiful scales

Scales can be beautiful. Beautiful enough to be concert-worthy (Etudes, WTC). ElisiX fits are practising his scales. Hence EliseX fits can be beautiful. Beautiful enough to be concert-worthy. If he is not ready for a concert with his scales, that's between him and posters who reply to him.
Playing scales is repetititive. If ElisiX is playing scales, he will be repetitive. You can't indulge him playing scales and complain he is posting the same thing over and over again.
That's all I was trying to say. Not trying to join the jerk-circle.

ElisiX seems to be having difficulty finding a shirt that fits him and looks good. I really don't get why this is worthy of a public and long-winded dressing down. Tirailleur suggest MTM, which I think is the best and only good suggestion, so far.

edited for typo

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Shoreman is our beacon of hope.

i dont know bout all that, i thought your avatar was our beacon of hope. but i like his style.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads