1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amongyourhoundsofl

amongyourhoundsofl Senior member

I think that usually if you feel and look comfortable in what you're wearing...unless it's really outlandish or not suited to the situation at all (e.g. wearing a tux to a lunch appointment), there's nothing to worry about. A lot of whether I'm sartorially self-conscious or not comes down to the person I'm hanging out with too...ultimately everyone judges from their own idiosyncratic vantage point.

In terms of whether SF opinions are relevant vs. real life ones...lol of course they are...we are all just people.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Senior member

Lol @ all the self deluding people continually posting the same excuses. C'mon now.

Loved that fit stiches. Ghost face you're going to win again -.-'' what everyone said. Also I think the cut of your trousers are always perfect. Reeeddoooo nice socks! Looks v c4est for some reason.

2 people like this.
  3. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

I agree with him about the boots. It's not the shape, but the texture/finish. They have a rough and ragged look that doesn't jive with the clean softness of the rest. And the contrasting color makes them stick out more. Some black derbies would be better IMO.

4. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Haha yea, these aren't the most original items. I went with the sneaks for the competition, otherwise would have worn boots. Threw on ridic socks because what the hell, and also because I missed the last contest

Edit: I assume that was to me right...

5. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Cream on Cream Part II

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Details

[​IMG]

Maison Martin Margiela - Replica 1905 Fishermans Knit - Cream Painted Jeans - White Painted Linen Trainers

43 people like this.
  6. jet

jet Senior member

I'd rather get props from online friends that dumbasses who don't know shit about clothes on the street and shop at express.

And if they do know shit they'd give me props.

23 people like this.
  7. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

that about sums it up! reminds me of that dude The Villain who, before being banned, posted all those heinous Joker-esque costume fits all the while proclaiming ..."whatever, fuck all you SFers, everyone at the party last night said I looked awesome!!"

ya... ok buddy.

'sup Jet... much nicer today eh? :nodding:

8. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

regis, do you mind if i enter you in da cozy competition? that sweater looks hella cozy

9. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

thanks, mang!

10. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Go right ahead my friend. I thought about it myself, then I saw the competition...

11. Dorje

Dorje Senior member

@in stitches

Exactly... I agree with the bolded part above (and all of it). I never said opinions here aren't valuable, in fact I said the opposite if you go back and read my posts. I simply pointed out the gap between SF perception vs real life. You pointed out exactly the same thing WRT one of spope's fits recently, I was just continuing along that line of thought so I'm kinda surprised on your reaction to my comment.

12. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

i assumed that was regis's "cozy" entry--laceless shoes and no shirt under a knit qualifies and i'll vote for it.

irl and sf are different places depending on all sorts of factors about those around you. i get the most props irl from middle aged black people, an unrepresented demographic on sf.

13. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

I get love and hate. Most hate is from guys that dress like frat bros or want to own a yacht some day. Girls usually like what i wear and are positive.

Except when dat drop crotch gets real low. :)

1 person likes this.
  14. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

I want to own a yacht someday. Who wouldn't? At the very least it means you made some sound financial decisions (prior to buying the yacht :satisfied:).

3 people like this.
  15. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

I have literally zero desire to ever own a yacht

14 people like this.
  16. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

space yacht?

13 people like this.
  17. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

I think I've said this plenty of times (to be completely honest) one of the things that draws me to Margiela is the mostly classic styles with small little awesome changes that I won't hate when I'm 35

I think we have plenty of examples from the older gents in this forum wearing cool shit, but I don't know what I would do with a collection of Rick in my late 30's. I know I know Kunk et al, but this requires a more "normal" wardrobe for work and or family trips type stuff. I like having one set of wears that is normal wearable enough for all occasions. I won't ever escape my Cuban culture so I've made peace with this

Basically I'm saying I like to have a middle ground. I also live in wastelands of huge linen pants and the jacket shorts combo. In my part of the caribbean you can walk around shirtless anywhere you want before that is brought up :satisfied:

Protip from a guy I met in Palm Beach. Millionaires don't own yachts, billionaires do

9 people like this.
  18. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

this is why people want yachts

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  19. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Guess again Stitch

[​IMG]

2 people like this.