1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Senior member

What is happening here :/ brad just wanted to share a happy moment and u guys gotta turn it into a 100 post shitstorm. Sigh. Can we stop and move on please.

13 people like this.
  2. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

the internet happened, penance. the internet happened.

3. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Honestly if du can't take some ribbing about boning some chick he met, he should immediately propose because he's totally in love. Been there, got the t shirt.

1 person likes this.
  4. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

dude... you just had a forum of dudes cheer you on about having sex with a girl, i hardly see that as inappropriate...

back to clothing...pervs

2 people like this.
  5. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I didn't want to make another post on this matter, but I feel it's important to point this out:

Not that the comments here would have been acceptable in any context, but it's especially bad now. Misako is a professional who I interviewed as a professional. She is not a girlfriend, a date, a prospect, a whatever. She's admittedly beautiful and I said as much, and I would've hoped "I want to marry her" was so intense as to clearly be a joke (we just met and don't even speak the same language). She's someone who is involved in the fashion industry in Japan who I interviewed explicitly because of that.

It's bad enough to be witnessing this conversation myself. Could you imagine if she were to find it here?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
    8 people like this.
  6. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

Calling you an ikemen isn't exactly something I'd call professional behavior either. And again, it's even MORE ironic and hypocritical, that you are getting into such a hissy fit about this, is that the WHOLE FUCKING CONCEPT OF THE IKEMEN IS A FUCKING FETISHIZATION OF A SPECIFIC IDEAL TYPE OF MALE.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
    3 people like this.
  7. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

You guys really have to find a better way to spend your Friday nights

16 people like this.
  8. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

have a good night folks...

9. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Wait, does Lolita mean something different in Japan? (The only thing that surprises me about the last few pages is the name choice for a subculture that aims to, as rich white males have suggested, subvert the male gaze).

:puzzled:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
    4 people like this.
  10. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

guys i'm really drukn right now and i don't know whats going on so just as a reminder

[​IMG]

31 people like this.
  11. Jbravo

Jbravo Senior member

That's the trick with Japanese girls - you can never tell their age. But with Thai girls it's even worse - you can't be completely sure about their sex.

2 people like this.
  12. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

It's cool man you find her attractive no big deal. The social climate wasn't right for you to make a move so you didn't. People here are just joking around with you.

What happened to the badass uncontrol who didnt give no fucks?

13. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Senior member

I remember reading about the same question on harajuju (why the name lolita?), I haven't actually heard an answer yet, but I'd be really interested in knowing about how that name came to be chosen (there are so many contradictions in the name, one wonders if it isn't deliberate irony/satire/taking the piss).

14. Jbravo

Jbravo Senior member

I think nowadays 'lolita' applies generally to any cute teen/pre-teen image or anyone who resembles the same.

15. red81

red81 Senior member

seems like a clash between some white knight virgins and internet warriors.

can someone post some fit pictures, as i need to spend money and seek inspiration?

1 person likes this.
  16. Jbravo

Jbravo Senior member

This thread has over seven thousand pages.

17. red81

red81 Senior member

i'm trying to keep up with the times, not get something that was fashionable two weeks ago.

18. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

I think this is good except for the inner layers. I think knit on knit action is sometimes okay but in this case there isn't enough contrast in weight and texture so it doesn't work for me. Also not a fan of the color accents from the shirt.

5 people like this.
  19. snchz

snchz Active Member

[​IMG]

- Brooklyn We Go Hard x Liberty
    - Norse Projects
    - Red Wing

20. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

Thanks for the feedback. I agree about the weight of the knits, I wish the outer knit was a little heavier (though it has a nice texture my shit iPhone picture didn't capture) but it's the best I can do with what I have. I love my colored placket shirt though. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.