1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cacatfish

Cacatfish Senior member

I know you mean well but you are such an ivory tower intellectual. Absolutely missing what is right in front of you.

6 people like this.
  2. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

CANT ESCAPE MY MAIL GAIZ

3. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

I'm sure there are people who fetishize lolita, but the beauty of the situation is that in doing so they're essentially outing themselves as creeps. And getting back to the point, none of what you said means that people should get a free pass on being gross and making dumb jokes.

ENLIGHTEN ME, MOTHERFUCKER.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
    2 people like this.
  4. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

inappropriate jokes will be made as long as stereotypes exist, and lord knows japan is rife with sexual perversion/deviancy stereotypes. boys will be boys, girls will be girls, and dumb americans will be dumb americans (i'm looking at you, coke commercial dissenters). it's an unfortunate fact of life. the world doesn't run on politically correct behavior.

5 people like this.
  5. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

I would post some Miran-style prose about Benes donning the yohji garb "one last time" in order to have the final fit battle with brad-t that changes the landscape of the dressed-by-the-internet fashion landscape for years...

but I'm tired.

1 person likes this.
  6. LelandJ

LelandJ Senior member

No one's sense of style is offended with what she's wearing? [​IMG]

7. FonDeeEn1854

FonDeeEn1854 Active Member

How's the quality on thst Billy Reid

8. Cacatfish

Cacatfish Senior member

I think nahneun is doing a great job of it himself. Just because you don't want pervs to exist doesn't mean a thing. They do. We are not happy about this but they do.
    And that look is basically a neo pedo version of the geisha. Demure subservient passive. Shouldn't need to explain to you why that gets the pervs engine blazing.

9. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

Thanks for a perfect example of the kind of thinking that prevents change.

You don't know what you're talking about and I'm not going to get into it anymore.

Mods, ban me.

10. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

3======D~~~~~

7 people like this.
  11. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Nothing wrong with being a perv.
    Enjoy your vanilla heteronormative lifestyle.

12. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

I can never decide whether it's the horrid lazily misogynistic twits or the endlessly sanctimonious feminist drones who are more apocalyptically intolerable. What neither side ever seems to realize is it's a very close call.

5 people like this.
  13. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

Yes, sue me for being a realist and understanding the world isn't all unicorns, rainbows, and glitter.

It's time to take off your rose-colored spectacles, Don Quixote. Those windmills aren't dragons.

4 people like this.
  14. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

[​IMG]

23 people like this.
  15. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

It's just absolutely abhorrent and unfathomable to me that, when confronted with the shittiness of your own actions, you justify it by saying "well shittiness is inevitable." It's disgusting to me that you conflate sexuality with a subculture that is explicitly feminist and anti-male gaze and again, justify it with the unstoppable existence of perverts. You speak from a position of utter ignorance, and lacking any empathy.

Yes, there are shitty people. It is your responsibility to not be a shitty person, and the responsibility of others to hold you accountable when you are.

Me too. It's vile here now.

17 people like this.
  16. Cacatfish

Cacatfish Senior member

It's
    I cast my vote for the uninvested Johnny come lately narrator myself.

17. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Public masturbation vs public intellectual masturbation. Which is worse?

Also, please stop quoting pictures I go out of my way to avoid.

18. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

A quick side note: I find it really unfortunate that a guy who once had an issue with another member saying shit about his daughter now seems to have found good reason to antagonize the situation by posting a slew of flippant, explicit comments.

And the other shit going on here is just bringing us further from the fact that a bunch of dudes just let loose a bunch of really gross shit simply because they can't control their lizard-brain's response to the image of a woman wearing a particular style. Quit getting mad that people have (reasonably) gotten upset about those comments, you're just piling on the shit-factor. How is that not clear?

2 people like this.
  19. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

Honestly, like half the things you guys say should be transposed onto this image:

[​IMG]

The whole irony of this situation is that you're both in the most prevalent privileged socioeconomic class in the world: middle-upper middle class white male.

7 people like this.
  20. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

I've been doing that forever man, small island life. No shirt, no shoes, no problem

I think this video is best states my reply to this current topic, although SF always comes through with the layover entertainment

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.