• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I admire Ionell's frankness.  That takes guts to admit you have no compassion.
If you got money and you want to keep it, you gotta fend off the greedy others and that takes getting rid of your compassion. 

Sad story.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
svb has improved tremendously since first starting to post here. reminiscing is easy when you've got the power of the internets (oh, what's up internets?)

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
fayhkn.jpg
moo_dow_jones.png
credit to sq

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Not at all. SVB definitely honed in on the ideal silhouette over the past 2 years.

SVB did have good fits overall, but I would not say ideal silhouette

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
elisix, heres my two cents (and they're getting rid of pennies soon so take it!!)
look at user RegisDB9 for some inparation. you mentioned that layering isnt really an option because of where you live, correct?
regis lives in Florida/Caribbean and very rarely wears layers.
I think you should start by replacing any khakis with denim and buttoning up your shirts. never wear an unbuttoned shirt please
smile.gif

you can probably find a nice cardigan to wear over your tee. something like this http://suspensionpoint.ca/cardigan-neighbour
anyways, i think all your stuff fits well so youre on the right track. cheers

Thanks for the words and I appreciate the advice also. It can get quite hot here in Sydney - AUS, so wearing multiple layers in the summer (which were in now) is generally a no go. I'll take a look into your suggestions as it might help point me in the right direction.

Those Khaki's are a looser fit chino which I wear rarely. I think it might have been the only/first time i've posted them up actually. For me, I thought the Navy shirt went well with them and the issue with that fit was more to do with the uber long white T underneath and the shirt being open.

Most days (most fits you see), will be Chino's of varying colours and Acne/Ksubi denim which is in my new rotation. Blue's and one black. Being a redhead - black rarely makes it's way into my wardrobe. Perhaps a mistake, but it's something i've always maintained.

I've felt that elisix fits were disproportionately tight on the bottom half.

I firmly believe there is truth to this but it's not the pants being tight, rather the shirts being loose. We spoke via PM about this in more detail and I can see how some fits would come across like this. Having a bit of a gut, I tend to buy regular fit M shirts or mostly L/XL shirts. However my waist and all denim/chino's are 32". A mismatch.

This should be the easiest thing to fix though. Up until 8 months ago I was training 3-5 days a week but have let things go a little (I got married... lol). So jumping back on the wagon and buying better fitting shirts (darting existing shirts) should bring the two in line I hope.

Last edited:

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

schneider
geller
uniqlo
apc
hm^4

Better pic plus toj cause it was cold. Sorry for lack of jaw.

Last edited:

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice but foreshortening on the legs in the second looks like your torso starts at your knees.

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
lesam not a fran of those jeans - look kind of baggy and way too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads