1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

yeah boots are just regular black timbs

and the crewneck is neoprene, Phillip Lim from this season that I picked up a few months back. lots of zips that cut away to reveal what's underneath. no white version though, sorry KoY.

trousers are usual Marni and bracelet Margiela.

nahneun, I've been buzzing it off and on since about August, but mostly keeping it as close as possible. I like it this way :)

2. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

[​IMG]
    Uniqlo
    RRL
    MMM

14 people like this.
  3. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

stanley, the robert redford hair looks great on you

6 people like this.
  4. runyourchain

runyourchain Senior member

Lol funny because I can envision some folks wanting to beat him up with a bag of sodas.

5. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

Awesome breezy, boots look great. Cdiem?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  6. AllAreCommon

AllAreCommon Senior member

[​IMG]

SLAB | RO | Oak | Second / Layer | Nike Lunar TerraArktos

1 person likes this.
  7. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

IS I think

2 people like this.
  8. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

I'm liking that hair, Stanley.

9. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

they are IS...the ones eck was selling a while ago. the treasure i let get away ;o;

10. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

fo' hrealz, they is IS

thanks for the kind words, guys!

2 people like this.
  11. pasteurisation

pasteurisation Senior member

2nd post
    Feedback will be highly appreciated.

[​IMG]
    Banana Republic beanie
    Filson mackinaw
    RRL scarf
    J Crew sweater
    RRL belt
    Nudie denim
    Viberg oxford
    Filson bag

3 people like this.
  12. JayFS

JayFS Senior member

Nice cardi Breezy, regret passing up on it....

13. dolt

dolt Member

to me it seems like there are two problems. one, everything is shiny and new and those are basically all brands that look better broken in and worn. nothing wrong with one or two new pieces in an outfit like that but all new just looks like you went to the local heritage brand boutique and bought what you could. second problem is that there's too much a mis-match of colors and textures so it looks busy and imo makes it hard to focus on the quality of some of those individual pieces. actually that color problem is the biggest mismatch. i like tying in black to outfits with earth tones and colors but it's easy to make it look sloppy. right now the shoes and jacket fit well together, but with nothing else. also don't tuck your t shirt into your jeans to show off your belt it just breaks things up and distracts.

could look good with maybe wool trousers in grey or charcoal, the coat buttoned, and losing the bag.

oh yeah also fix those cuffs and hem the jeans.

3 people like this.
  14. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tim Coppens
    A Wang
    Rogan panel cotton pants
    Guidi

49 people like this.
  15. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

:fu: Schneider merino

Anyway, regarding my jawnz dilemma I rambled about in RFT yesterday. This isn't a "help" thread per se, but indulge me for a moment.

Here's a quick pick of the Momo's, which I picked up primarily due to amazing fabric. They've only been worn a few times after work so not fully settled. Measurements are somewhat similar to DH 19cm. Leave as is? Hem? Hem and taper? I dunno. I haven't micro managed the stacks or anything, I just put them on.

Not really what I wore as today is a Geller seconds bum-wear and football day anyway.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  16. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

I love lots of stacks on my jeans generally (and it's inevitable since I'm 5'8"), but I can't help but feel that's just a little too much. Part of that might be the thickness/stiffness of the denim though. I don't think the need to be tapered

17. ghostface

ghostface Senior member

dudes, it is time to organize the next fit challenge. i've been thinking about doing something a bit more...thematic. below are three ideas. let's decide together.

1. militarism. this category could be interpreted in a wide variety of ways, since so much of men's fashion has been adapted from military wear. reference the ww1 colonel with the shiny boots, the pilot with the oversized ma-1, or the guerrilla fighting the techno-fascist forces of evil in the year 2099. this last possibility could also be used for category #2:

2. thriving post-apocalypse. this category might seem to favor those with "darker" garments in their closet, but i think that with some creativity even the stodgiest cm-er could excel. perhaps you're the mayor of a broken city of survivors. how will you style your glen plaid suit with that fur coat you just found in the abandoned mansion? and will it successfully conceal your shotgun? i wouldn't want this to shade too far into cos-play, but i think it could be fun to see what ideas/references people come up with (and remember, emphasis on thriving post-apocalypse).

3. garments with history. incorporate a (some) garment(s) that has a notable history. this can either be because it is unusually old-- whether it was passed down from your grandfather or discovered at a thrift store-- or because it has (and you would be willing to share) some personal story behind it. that is to say, the history can be just in the garment or in your particular relationship to the garment (or both). i imagine that some entries would incorporate the best features of posts from the contentedness thread.

thoughts?

16 people like this.
  18. silverwarebandit

silverwarebandit Senior member

I think the top block is waaaay to tight on these, what are the odds they will stretch out?

[​IMG]

Haversack/45rpm/RRL/Viberg/Workers/kitten shanty town

3 people like this.
  19. GreasyPirate

GreasyPirate New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

first post here ever, would like criticism!

6 people like this.
  20. nevergreen

nevergreen Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.