1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

edited it in. peir wu from a few seasons ago. :slayer:

2. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
    68 people like this.
  3. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

Thats mad dedication, mayne. Props.
    ---
    Octopandda, brothersport + gf, penance, snow, all great stuff. Really awesome.

4. zapatiste

zapatiste Senior member

persevering in trans-dimensional subconsciousness
    reedo i don't think you need concern yourself much -- you should have enough e-validation to go around several years (so long as your comfy :eek:)

snowman in his home habitat eating the very thing he's made of. always suspected a bit of cannibalism in you

benny you wear that coat very well and it's only natural people take notice , spread the word ! but not too much, i don't wanna be competing with any more doctors lol

* * *​

edit: breezy wins

1 person likes this.
  5. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

prints!
    [​IMG]

luc toque/dita shades/ss sweater/damir shaman barf pants & shirt/vans/rick scarf

54 people like this.
  6. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Haha for sure, I'm not trying to be greedy, just confused at that place's culture

7. sipang

sipang Senior member

That's because you're a regular poster here and ppl have witnessed your evolution over time and, to an extent, rep your fit in comparison with your previous ones. Which.is.totally.normal. But do you think you'd get the same amount of thumbs if you just showed up out of nowhere and posted your fit ? Same goes for everyone btw, that's just how message boards/communities work, nothing weird about it. Besides, SW&D has a tendency to go gaga over hyped items regardless of anything else. You could wear some mallbrand coat and list it as a bless hoodcoat and you'd get some knee-jerk rep.

Doesn't mean that your fit isn't good but, you know... grain of salt, all that...

22 people like this.
  8. gong

gong Senior member

derk

3 people like this.
  9. in stitches

speaking of SF likes/reps, congrats to parker on becoming the first poster to hit 200 likes on a fit, or on any post for that matter. mazel tov! :slayer: interestingly enough, according to stats page he has 202 likes, but the post only shows 200. did parker break the like machine? [​IMG] [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. e0d9n0b5

e0d9n0b5 Senior member

i don't think its a great photo(angle, lighting, too small), and the way he has the scarf is distracting, and makes it look sorta cheap. my $0.02

people show up on sufu and post fits, no other content, and get like 60-100 +rep from them, ie derk, sunsnatcher, whichever guy has the most rep for a fit on there whose name I can't recall(posted it only in the main waywt, not supertrash, was uc/tech stuff, really well proportioned). i agree a lot of it is people knowing who you are, but it isn't necessary if the fit/photo is good enough.

1 person likes this.
  11. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

x-post from the challenge coz this really is WIAWT... (you can see more there - all Sou-Sou). Apologies for gormless expression and just-rolled-out-of-bed hair!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  12. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

eh...

3 people like this.
  13. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Drew eats nothing but cheeseburgers and Flamin' Hot Cheetos[​IMG] and sleeps on a bare mattress

1 person likes this.
  14. Zassiliss

Zassiliss Senior member

Punpun rules.

2 people like this.
  15. FlyingMonkey

This is my favourite ever fit from you. Apart from being an absolutely perfect fit, it's the sheer joie-de-vivre, and the fact that it almost succeeds in making me miss Ontario winters...

BTW, I really hope you and Peir will make a jacket your next joint project, because I am so there!

16. DLester

DLester Senior member

I live in a dirt hole next to a lead smelter and eat chiken parts out of a dumpster while wearing balenciaga shearling.

15 people like this.
  17. FlyingMonkey

You too, eh?

18. sipang

sipang Senior member

yea I'm not saying you can't get rep by posting out of nowhere, some ppl like Derk and yeah sunsnatcher and that other belgian dude who wears raf/rick/uc do just that. what I'm saying that regular posters' fits are not judged in a vacuum on their intrinsic qualities alone but in the context of the posters' posts history, evolution, etc. which would explains why some fits get more rep than others while not being objectively better.

i think reedo's fit was the best he posted so it makes sense that he gets props in sw&d where he's been posting for a while but i don't think it's a great fit for the reasons you mentioned (graphic shirt also distracting)

7 people like this.
  19. in stitches

20. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

Thanks so much! Was really windy today and everything just flowed so well :) dat japanese wool! I didn't even need to wear leggings underneath, so light but resistant in the cold. You'll enjoy your pair :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.