1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

they can try, sure. but i'm sure you've seen all the fits that get downvoted for stupid unknown reasons, and i don't know why you'd want to encourage that

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
    3 people like this.
  2. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

yesh

well i meant that now NMWA is live CM expects to find everything GDL is wearing in store, which is hilarious because I have not seen such interest before from that side of the forum. I am sure GDL has worn before. its cool that GDL can generate such interest, but at the same time its like an inside joke that will never get old.

3. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

THIS

Also, this. Though realistically I spend 90+% of my sufu time in Superdenim, which is a bit of its own thing over there, yet full of tons of amazing denim knowledge and some really great posters. I like it b/c it reminds me of like the SW&D experience here.

4. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Well, since I'm the guy that asked GDL what coat that was, I've been on the forum a long time and spent more time on sw&d than cm in the beginning, but in those days it was pretty different than now (the raw denim and workwear years) and I definitely can't identify all the pieces in these fits by designer and season, etc. I don't even look at the CM waywt thread anymore, and I find this thread a lot more interesting. But my interest in lurking in this thread and this side of the forum predates the NMWA store by a long time.

3 people like this.
  5. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

I believe it's FW11 btw, not 12, if it's the one I'm thinking of. Frozen Waves version?

Some amazing looks the last couple of pages.

6. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

yes you are OG and your outfits solicit a lot more opinions on this side of the forum

but speaking specifically about that SS coat, I find it fascinating and funny that such an elusive coat to the SW&D crowd also resonates with members whether new or regular who are not as updated with the current designers being hyped

it's like "buddy, GL find that coat. We've been searching for a while"

There's a scene in Wolf Rain and the idea of Paradise that illustrates what I am saying pretty well.

7. sipang

sipang Senior member

but they won't if their fits simply get ignored which is the only option if you can't downvote. i'm just saying that if you want a more accurate feedback downvotes make sense.

fits get downvoted for all kinds of reasons (like fits get upvoted for all kinds of reasons) and only a marginal portion of those are truly stupid so it shouldn't matter much.

8. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I feel like a fit not being acknowledged at all is just as "educational" as being downvoted without the inherent meanness. Eh.

1 person likes this.
  9. Pangolin

Pangolin Senior member

Thanks!

10. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Monochrome? Except the shoes. Finally starting to get cold and rainy so I felt blue was appropriate.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

W+H Mac
    Schneider
    Everlane
    W+H Denim
    CP

35 people like this.
  11. Rais

Rais Senior member

I think that some people wouldn't "improve" even if you gave them pages of feedback and others are able to learn with little to no feedback on how to fit in with the community and post/create a look that garners positive attention.

1 person likes this.
  12. solargarden

solargarden Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

facetasm x2, kimmel carhartt, timbs

19 people like this.
  13. Dorje

Dorje Senior member

x post from monochrome challenge

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  14. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Senior member

Thanks Parker! Um i'll probably try and come up with something else for the prints challenge :)

15. colabear

colabear Senior member

I like this new proportion of wearing a jacket with a long shirt and pants. wearing this style proportion last week [​IMG] R Kelly's outfit while performing with Lady Gaga in SNL designed by Versace

8 people like this.
  16. einstine

einstine Senior member

3 people like this.
  17. spacepope

spacepope Senior member

solargarden grow out your hair

18. colabear

colabear Senior member

I'm growing out my hair.
    A few years back, I was walking by Oak St. and some out of towners stopped me and ask for my autograph so I played along with it but I wasn't sure which celebrity they were referring me to so I just started doodling stuff unreadable then one of the guys said " you're the best Horatio Sanz! :foo:

6 people like this.
  19. solargarden

solargarden Senior member

I was but I caved in :(

20. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

what is the scarf colabear ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.