1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

love the fit on these eg pants.

all wool everything.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22 people like this.
  2. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

Lol @ anyone telling someone else how to spend their money or what should be important to them.

Live and let live.

8 people like this.
  3. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

nice haircut mikey
    jacket looks cozy too :)

4. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Senior member

Reedo, that's your best ever, Lorcan is making me want for EG, and ghostface killing it, as always. WAYWT is on fire :)

My boring contribution:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
    22 people like this.
  5. ClambakeSkate

ClambakeSkate Senior member

100%.

6. einstine

einstine Senior member

For a college student to put money towards a nice house or designer furniture would be one regretful decision. Many college students are not going to be in the same area after they graduate. If someone has $2k to spend on a leather jacket and they want it, and have nice cloths to wear with it then why not? Shit, you dont even need nice pants/jeans or tees to wear with a $2k leather jacket. There are plenty of really nice fits on this forum with people wearing 5-zips and uniqlo tees and jeans, I wear that combo myself. I rather spend $2k on any jacket then buy a nice chair, dining table, etc. for my dorm, parents house, or shared apartment. As a college student myself Ill choose cloths over rims or stereo for my car, or a $1k herman miller desk chair for my room. Why? because I like fashion more then furniture, or cars. I kind of see your point as if you dont even own a car but own $500 boots/sneakers, or own a $2k jacket and are jobless, or work at starbucks and have no future career, and dont go to school to improve your situation. Using a college student in your example is misleading.

2 people like this.
  7. Nil

Nil Senior member

[​IMG]

Raf Simons dip dye
    Balenciaga waxed denim
    S2A sneakers

Working from home today.

Would this qualify for the WAYWT challenge? Not sure if dip dye and a waxed coating count.

44 people like this.
  8. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

Sorry but those books are too colorful for your clothing style, Nil. No lifestyle synergy whatsoever.

22 people like this.
  9. Nil

Nil Senior member

I knew I should have purchased my library by the yard.

2 people like this.
  10. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Damn, nice home library.

4 people like this.
  11. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

@gdl203 you're beard is on that Hemingway level and it's fantastic

Cross-posted my monochrome fit on Sufu and I've gotten 5 thumbs up and 3 thumbs down, I don't think I understand the Sufu culture lol

12. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

For starters, unbutton before you're going to sit down!

I love that color though! Also, that fit flatters your body way more than anything else I've seen you post recently.

13. Teapot418

Teapot418 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    TOJ/Uniqlo/Uniqlo/random GATs from ebay

5 people like this.
  14. jet

jet Senior member

nil where to cop dip and sizing info??

15. einstine

einstine Senior member

I would say I don't know why su-fu exists, but I guess its like a prison for all the misguided children.

16. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

as others said i don't think abraxis's issue is his body but rather the way he's taking pictures. Regardless he stays active with crossfit (which like, whatever as long as he doesn't hurt himself) and is happy with his body so good for him and everyone who feels good about the way they look even if they don't look "ideal."

i mean there is a difference between people who see clothing as an aspect of a "be as high status as you can be" (not the perfect phrase but still) lifestyle goal vs. people who are into clothing as a hobby (though i think there's shades in between those two polarities).

Think the former sees body type as being of paramount importance because it does make a huge difference on a purely "how you look" level and really fitness is one of those things you don't have a ton of excuses for save for lacking the willpower/being lazy. After all you'll "look the best" (in the eyes of society) by having well-fitting really nice basics on a nice body because after a certain point dressing in fashion shit alienates those around you rather than elevates your status (this, however, is really context dependent and some people have a bit more leeway in dressing "weird").

Then again there are the latter who resent the former because the body acolytes annoying as shit sometimes and being high status isn't as important as being interested in clothing. e.g. I don't think melon wears head to toe geller or benseyed fucks with yhoji because they thinks its going to get them laid or because they'll get dap from the bouncer i think they does it because they really enjoys the clothing. Which is cool for them and frankly, I think that those people make for better WAYWT content.

Of course as I said there are people in between, who are interested in both dressing-as-high-status signifier and dressing-as-hobby I actually like these posters the best because their shit is both "cool" and "wearable" but i digress.

Anyway, sorry fellow RHET-ers, I love you guys but I think you need to back off because this isn't a fight you guys should be having. Most of you brahs are in the former category while most of the dudes in WAYWT are in the latter category and that's totally cool because that's different priorities and it's not helpful to tell them to tell them that they need to bulk up/slim down.

2 people like this.
  17. Nil

Nil Senior member

It was one of those yoox treasure finds. It's the Fall 2012 version I believe. I went with a XL.

1 person likes this.
  18. grizzlybear

grizzlybear Senior member

^^ You're right but at the same time its hilarious how I can't give a suggestion without getting shit for it. Jet boasts about how he lifts this and that and tells people the same thing I do :laugh:

And no amount of angles and camera tricks are going to change the fact that the jacket simply doesn't flatter him. :)

19. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

yeah but jet just posts about his pullups or whatever, you're actually posting critiques of other peoples' bodies.

and anyway yeah the jacket doesn't fit right but the fit is more the issue than his body. I'm not sure that jacket works with your body type (focus on clothes) vs. you need to lose weight if you're going to wear that jacket (focus on body).

1 person likes this.
  20. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

You see, Abraxis? We're making you our personal project

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.