• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWorksheets

Reaction score

OL coat and AS are sick, the rest is kinda meh. I don't like the layered jackets thing.

I could live without the denim jacket too, but I think the whole look has lots of nice colours.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

because that's the aesthetic

Oh, okay.

uh they aren't?

No?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
most of those are lookbook pictures made by stores - the stuff is probably boxfresh. also i don't see how it's wrinkled more than say, any other cotton blazer?

glundr

Reaction score
institches post a fit!

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think in stiches might actually like this :)

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is that half zip by John Smedley?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

institches post a fit!

honestly, i would love to. but i dont have a full fit of SWD clothing that would fly here. one off, pants, shirt, shoes, but together its no bueno. ill see if i can whip something up, but it will be almost guaranteed fail. i have some more-casual MC rigs that might pass muster here, but its not really the vibe here, and i dont want to ruin this thread any more than i already am.

i do look good today though, even gdl said so.

I think in stiches might actually like this :)

why thanks for thinking of me. the pants are not exactly my bag, literally, but i like the get up. :)

edit - i def like the shades and the smile though. big improvement imho.

Last edited:

istasi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bene I think you should maybe hold off on posting fits so frequently.. they all just kind of blend together. You gotta start thinking about what fits are really worth posting instead of posting everything

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bene I think you should maybe hold off on posting fits so frequently.. they all just kind of blend together. You gotta start thinking about what fits are really worth posting instead of posting everything

while you do make a point, ime, if one is truly trying to improve, even within the boundaries of their own style, posting frequently, and taking feedback to heart, and improving one step on a time based on that feedback, is a very productive way to get better. just my 2cs.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think i will hold off till i get those items I had sent in to get tailored come back and some of my yohji stuff comes in. I just wanted to see if a more traditional look got better results for me. My last few "agressive" or streetier looks were not as well recieved.

Oh and I wanted feedback on the shades.

Last edited:

fireflygrave

Reaction score

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think i will hold off till i get those items I had sent in to get tailored come back and some of my yohji stuff comes in. I just wanted to see if a more traditional look got better results for me. My last few "agressive" or streetier looks were not as well recieved.
Oh and I wanted feedback on the shades.
note: that fit is not traditional

Don't wear half-zips, it doesn't work with where you are right now or where you're headed in the future.
Also, get a better jacket, that one doesn't look good open, and I doubt it looks much better closed.

Last edited:

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

honestly, i would love to. but i dont have a full fit of SWD clothing that would fly here. one off, pants, shirt, shoes, but together its no bueno. ill see if i can whip something up, but it will be almost guaranteed fail. i have some more-casual MC rigs that might pass muster here, but its not really the vibe here, and i dont want to ruin this thread any more than i already am.
i do look good today though, even gdl said so.
why thanks for thinking of me. the pants are not exactly my bag, literally, but i like the get up. :)
edit - i def like the shades and the smile though. big improvement imho.

I think if looks pretty good, don't see a reason for shades in that weather, you could use some color.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads