1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Tech ninja cola bear is actually something I'd like to see...

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
    2 people like this.
  2. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

fuck. I hate these asshole replies who say someone looks like shit, you wasted your money. it's cunty and totally unhelpful. offer some fucking advice instead being a hurtful douche. post a fit so we can trash you not just based on your shitty attitude, billkillgore

30 people like this.
  3. yipjam

yipjam Senior member

[​IMG]

38 people like this.
  4. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

edit: sorry i was just hypnotized by the smiley triumvirate and had to show everyone how that feels

1 person likes this.
  5. clark kent

clark kent Senior member

if this is the case, then WAYWT is more of a "show and tell" type of thing for you. than it is the "receive critique" type of thing that its meant to be. so essentially you're just posting outfits hoping that we recognize grails and throw thumbs at you? i feel like the way you present your interest in fashion comes off as you being insecure in your actual abilities to assemble coherent and good looking outfits.

1 person likes this.
  6. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Haha thanks for the defense Breezybirch. I suppose if that reality of all world realities is what boggles his mind then he must be mind boggled most of the time :)

All feedback always welcome.

7. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Awesome jacket, boots, & fit. Dig it.

8. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Ah clark kent, if you read the rest of my post I'm hoping for advice on how to make the pieces I own work. Rather then abandon my fitted and structured pieces and adopt a slouchy anti fit dropcrotch wardrobe.

E.g. my last fit I got advised to wear slimmer more structured pants perhaps thick wool pants. I'm always down to buy more to make existing pieces work... Perfectly willing to relegate the uniqlo pants to another fit.

Also as mentioned in my last posts if there's no way to style what I do own, gladly stop posting fits. Not trying to post my receipts sq4you style (Though he's way more stylish than I).

9. Dorje

Dorje Senior member

Abraxis, I think you have some very cool pieces, it's really just the pants in your last 2 fits that aren't working.

Don't worry about the negativity, and definitely don't take it personally.

2 people like this.
  10. BreezyBirch

When people say that here, I would take it with a grain of salt. It's just an easy defense mechanism to step back from negative criticism. It's totally normal, I think. In terms of insecurity here - it is definitely palpable with a vast amount of posters who mask it in various ways. Ultimately the ostensible purpose of this place is for dialogue, I hope. And the helpful thing to do would be to be....helpful. So maybe insecure dudes can take away some confidence from this place rather than be demeaned by trolls and or other insecure losers projecting.
    Also it's less show and tell and more like sharing. Who are you going to share your interest with? Your friends? I remember you, specifically, lamenting this, Clark - some time ago...

or something. it's still fun to bust people's balls though

4 people like this.
  11. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Yo A, that acronym just looks too big for you. Have you tried a size down? If that was too tight it just might be a bad fit for you unfortunately.

Im also not a huge fan of that giant front pocket, but I know that some people are.

Also those pants seem to fit well in the thigh but need to be hemmed, or to have more of a taper past the knee.

2 people like this.
  12. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

there should be a bay area swd gathering: el bert, abraxis, sinned, moo, parker, who else?

13. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

14. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

15. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

I'm in Monterey, maybe if I ever have time to head to SF...

16. BillKillgore

BillKillgore Senior member

He's basically said it himself, after all this is Clothesforum and we're in the What Are You Owning Right Now thread, who cares about the people that actually put together outfits with some passion.

Also I'll gladly post a fit during the next week if that allows me to behave like an 'asshole'.

17. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

cyc my bad bro

pun, sounds good

18. BreezyBirch

lolz

hey man, no disrespect, but you don't seem very bright.

3 people like this.
  19. Naka

Naka Senior member

Yo Breezy what is bulletproof coffee like? I'm curious but Dave Asprey says a lot of questionable shit.

20. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

There's no need for a separate beer, cocktail, coffee whatever threads. There are already several that are exactly those one forum over in social life food and drink.

Btw we're doing a Christmas beer it forward in that forum if anybody is interested. PM me or reply to the thread.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.